Chausson door keeps locking me out! (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We have a 2015 Chausson 718 on a Transit chassis, and it has one "feature" that's driving me mad.

I can understand the cab doors automatically locking themselves if you don't open one of them within 45 seconds, but the habitation door locks itself after 45 seconds irrespective of whether you have opened it or not. This has caused several near misses when I have gone in, dropped the keys on the table or hung my coat up then popped out again, only to hear the " click" as the door has locked behind me. Each time I have thankfully had the spare keys to hand,but that won't always be the case. Is there any way of defeating this stupid system? I know the cab system can be changed by a Ford dealer, but the hab door is a different thing controlled by a separate button on the fob.

Ta,

Bob

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
And to my embarasment I have done it twice
First time at home with spare keys in house
Secound time away from home so had burgle my own van took me 5 minutes to break in with no damage
1 peace of baler band and a flat rule
It's ridiculas how easy it was

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
My 2012 fiat Ducati van if locked with the key push fob will remember this setting
So if you open the Han do manually. It will lock it again when you close the door

You need to unlock with the key fob and then it is ok

Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Old thread - but I’ve got the same problem with a new Chausson 640.

I understand it’s called “Auto Re-Lock” - a feature of the Ford security system.

I’ve been told by my Motorhome dealer that this is a factory fitted Ford feature that cant be turned off and I will just need to open a cab door each time I unlock and then open the habitation door; otherwise all the doors will auto re-lock after 45 seconds.

Can anyone advise if they’ve managed to get this feature switched off by a Ford dealer? Or is there another workaround?

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
@BobtheBass there are some suggestions on the internet and YouTube for Fords search for How to Disable Ford Auto Locks
Does this help ?

1. Get into the car and close all the doors. Insert your key into the ignition, but leave it in the off position. ...
  2. Turn the key to the on position and press the power door lock button three times in a row. ...
  3. Push the power door unlock button once to turn on the auto lock feature

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Unfortunately that doesn’t work @Vanderek

That might work for the auto lock features, which lock the doors when you drive off.

The issue is with the auto “re-lock”, which locks the doors if you don’t open a Cab door within 45 seconds.

With the re-lock on, if you unlock the vehicle, enter via the habitation door, then all the doors relock automatically after 45 secs. So, if you pop in the habitation, put your keys down, pop back to your car to pick up more shopping, then the doors will be lock behind you with your keys inside!

Thus my desire to switch off this “safety” feature.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
It's lump hammer time. :gum:

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Yippeeeee a FORD with a Security Feature. They cannot fix the locks and stop people nicking them but they can happily lock you out.

BigDean

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2017
Unfortunately that doesn’t work @Vanderek

That might work for the auto lock features, which lock the doors when you drive off.

The issue is with the auto “re-lock”, which locks the doors if you don’t open a Cab door within 45 seconds.

With the re-lock on, if you unlock the vehicle, enter via the habitation door, then all the doors relock automatically after 45 secs. So, if you pop in the habitation, put your keys down, pop back to your car to pick up more shopping, then the doors will be lock behind you with your keys inside!

Thus my desire to switch off this “safety” feature.
Does anyone else have this issue / has solved this issue?

Just got a brand new McLouis Fusion and have this exact problem (on a Fiat Ducato base). Madness!

It is going back to the dealer if it cant be fixed. Not fit for purpose in my opinion. 99% of the time we enter through the habitation door!

Thanks

May 22, 2021
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Elldis acordo 105
Exp
Caravan for 50 years motorhome since 2019
I had that on my Peugeot boxer 2019 l had it remapped this year and now it doesn’t do it,it only resets the alarm.some years ago I had a car with stop start and when I had that remapped that stopped working as well so I think it has something to do with the brane of the motor

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back