Chausson carpets and curtains (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
In our flash 510 we decided to remove our carpet, it kept sliding around. Does anyone keep theirs in?

Also the net curtains are annoying ! They get in the way, but look pretty. So torn whether i should remove them. It makes it hard to open the window, do the blinds etc. I could just remove the bottom cord. Does anyone have the same problem?

I have found that the 3 pack of little lidded IKEA boxes fit perfectly in the little bathroom cabinet. With the nonslip matt under neath it makes the cabinet really useful::bigsmile:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We've taken our carpet out too - put rubber mats in the cab footwells so easy to shake out & wipe clean & these washable lightweight ones - runner & smaller ones instead of the hab carpet
http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-p...iscuit/200-7798.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=200-7798

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-washable-indoor-mat/212-7343.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=212-7343

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-plain-washable-mat-57x90cm/212-6301.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=212-6301
There are a few different sizes so made the best combi for our floor. They don't slip but any rubber backed mat can discolour the vinyl if left down for a long time so only fitted when we are on trips then a quick shake & they fold away until next time!
We took the nets out too as the flyscreen blinds when down gives enough privacy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Good idea with the mats i will have a think about those. I think the nets are coming down, i am going to make cushion covers to fit our pillows to brighten things upcf. Then they can have a dual function pillows at night then a quick cover on them makes them cushions ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Carpets were removed early doors except for the runners at the side of the (island) bed. Nets - hate them - the fly screen part of the blinds does the privacy job much more effectively.

Steve

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
French vans have nets because the manufacturers know that owners like privacy, even on tightly packed aires!::bigsmile:
Shell says they aren't net curtains anyway! Apparently they are now called voiles!:Smile:

Ours are still firmly in place!

As for the carpets, as soon as we got our van home, they went straight under the spare bed at home! We think they are still there......::bigsmile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
BTW, on our Chausson, there are fabric loops on the curtains into which you can tuck your net curtains, sorry voiles!!!!!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We have an older Flash 08. We removed the habitation carpets, it made life much easier. We just have a doormat and a brush and pan. We kept the cab carpets as I felt they would help with sound insulation.
The net curtains also went, far too fussy. We changed the curtains around the cab for insulated blackout curtains which are tidier and probably help a little on cold nights.
It's all part of personalising the van. We also built a smaller table as the bigger extending one is overkill for just 2 people.
Bryn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back