Chausson 04

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by twizzle, Oct 25, 2012.

1. twizzle

twizzle Read Only Funster

Hi Everyone,
    We have a Chausson 04 on order, but I have no idea what size solar panel will fit on the roof.
    Anyone any idea?

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    I dont know the layout of the MH you are getting, but there will be plenty of room, the thing is to get the right powered one I had the 85 wat on my Chausson 76, and have had it put on my new MH, the power input is the thing with the solar panels, also an extra battery comes in handy. Pete

3. twizzle

Thanks - We are definitely getting a second battery (the dealer said there's room next to the existing leisure battery) - and a 1500w inverter. Not sure yet if I need a modified or pure sine wave - but the latter seems to be so expensive.

4. aba

aba

it all depends on what you want to run on the inverter as to which type to get and also if using it at full capacity it will flatten 2 x 110 amp batteries in under an hour which will take a considerable time to recharge off an 80watt solar panel in ideal conditions.

5. twizzle

A 500w microwave, occasionally, for no more than 15 min a day. I agree that there's a massive drain from a 1500w inverter - I have a much smaller one for laptop charging etc.

The main reason for the panel is to avoid EHU - but the microwave would definititely be useful.

I've read that not all microwaves are happy with modified sine waves - it seems the only was is to try it - and if it it turn out doesn't work, it's too late!