Apr 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M
Exp
Since 2005
Hi.:thumb:
Could anyone help. We are touring france at Easter and would like to visit Chateau's with aires within walking distance. I would apreciate any advice where to visit. Our area of preferance would be Blois and surrounding area as I understand most of the chateau's are around this area. Any advice would be welcome.

Regards
Batchpatch.:Smile:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
If its any help, when we were there (near Blois) there were quite a few m/hs wild camping in the Foret Domaniale de Boulogne, handy for Chambord, which is a fantastic sight. There's a bit about it, and a map, in our blog (link below). We stayed at a lovely little site at Huisseau-sur-Cosson - we hardly ever use sites, preferring to wild camp or use aires, but this was diamond. (You may be able to overnight on the chateau carpark).

If you go to the aires website (http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm), look at Departement 41.

(Incidentally, we're probably going to be in that area over the Easter period as well - we'll give you a wave if we see you!)

Bon voyage.

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
There are aires at Azay-le-Rideau and Chenonceaux.
At Amboise there is an aire and a Camping Municipale (C-M) next to each other on the island in La Loire. A fee is required to use the aire, not sure how much cheaper than the camp site. This may not apply to you, but the camp site does not accept twin rear axle motorhomes.
At Chinon, there is a good C-M on the south side of the river. Alternatively, I have seen people pitched overnight in the town square car park under the trees. Also a possibility of stopping for the night further around the road from the C-M near the leisure complex.
I think there is an aire at Villandry - if not I believe people stop in the car park.

Great area to visit - enjoy it.

Philip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
Leonardo da Vinci - Amboise

Further to Philip’s comments about Amboise, there are a couple of other aires in the town. There is a free one off Rue Leonardo da Vinci and another at one euro off Rue de Clos Luce. We night-stopped at the former last week while visiting Chateau Clos Luce, the former home of Leonardo da Vinci. Neither of these aires have any facilities like water or WC dump etc., they are just motorhome parking locations. The Chateau is worth a look around, particularly the reconstruction of some of Leonardo’s machines in the grounds.

Happy Travels,
Richard W.

OP
OP
B

batchpatch

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the information

Hi.

Thank you all for your information I will try and visit all the aire's/chateau's
you have mentioned.

with thanks
batchpatch.:thumb:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
There is overnight parking at Villandry right outside. We didnt stop there though as about 10 miles back west on the same side of the Loire as Villandry are some superb wild spots right on the river. Villandry's gardens are superb.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back