Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
we are leaving for France on Wednesday for 19 days and planned mooching around Normandy and Brittany. Looking at the long range forecasts the weather appears to be changeable
Is northern Spain a nice area to tour around or the perpignon area. This is our 1st trip abroad and really was looking forward to some sun on our backs
Any thoughts, also the Montpellier area

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
we are leaving for France on Wednesday for 19 days and planned mooching around Normandy and Brittany. Looking at the long range forecasts the weather appears to be changeable
Is northern Spain a nice area to tour around or the perpignon area. This is our 1st trip abroad and really was looking forward to some sun on our backs
Any thoughts, also the Montpellier area
Not sure why no one spotted this and replied, in retrospect you might have been better posting in Motorhome Chat.

I like Northern Spain a lot, particularly the western bit. We had a few memorable days in Galicia last year and will return. But it depends what you want as the weather can be changeable there due to the Atlantic. For beaches and sun the Med coast is by far the best. We're currently a bit inland from Montpellier and heading towards Perpignan but we are consciously avoiding the beaches! :)

But you must be already there, wherever you decided there was going to be, so how are you getting on? :):)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We had a caravan holiday once near Perpignan and I remember a man made beach which sloped steeply into the sea and was therefore cold! Go further east to the Camargue or even further east to the Cote D'Azure for lovely beaches.

You don't need to be near a beach to have nice weather and why not try some time in the Ardeche and you can swim and canoe in the river and have a fabulous time.

I used to find that you need to get around the corner of Brittany so aim to be anywhere in between St Jean de Monts and Royan to be sure of good weather. The northern end of this stretch has long sandy beaches and shallow waters and the tide goes out a very long way or there is the start of surfing beaches at the Cote Sauvage just north of Royan. This way you avoid the need to drive far south around the Gironde estuary to get to the surfing beaches between Royan and Biarritz or pay for the ferry at Royan which will also be very busy.

Its a choice of three for me as described above and depends how much driving you want to do and how much time you've got.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back