Chaser and Burtonbird latest tour. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah I'll give it remote, it's on a piece of land that sticks out a bit and we are on the end of it, but it is a nature reserve, and yesterday there were quite a few French in cars enjoying the sea but by 6 o clock they had all gone , no one about today.
And we have a three signal(y):)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
did you get Fon to work yet :whistle:
Jim, I found two signals yesterday but the page that used to come up for you to put bt in just isn't there anymore, and the FON thing won't take the bt email.
How anyone gets it to work is beyond me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Not wanting to hijack this excellent thread but is the aire at st valery a typical aire ,it looks a little shall we say claustrophobic . I have never stopped on an aire .(y)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not wanting to hijack this excellent thread but is the aire at st valery a typical aire ,it looks a little shall we say claustrophobic . I have never stopped on an aire .(y)
A typical popular town Aire , yes, but nothing like the out of town ones that we prefer.

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)

It is a popular Aire, very busy, but all Aires on the coast are. Another thing is that it's a fair walk into town, round the port, following the road used by the vans. This is narrow so unless you meet at the passing point someone will probably have to reverse.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Look at Julie's photos of the one we are on now, a few posts back.
By the way you are not hijacking anything feel free to post anything you like.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Made for mortagne sir Gironde , rammed, just turned round and went to the next one on my Aires app, about five miles , nice little village , ten acre field, park where you like , shop on site, best of all , free, and loads of room.
Certainly seems that more motorhomers have took to this September tour that we have been doing for six years , never found full Aires before.
Just got to pick them out now, instead of just drawing up like we are used to.
Btw the one we were on last night turned out better than ever this morning, as I said it was on a sticky out bit of coast , we went in one way and didn't see much, but on coming out the other way this morning we only traveled half a mile and came into a small seaside village complete with the normal shops.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
If you have the opportunity to go to Château de Beaulon at Saint-Dizan-du-Gua , you will find a large aire with 7/7 days open shop . The Château with its beautiful blue fontains gave us our best magical moment. Beautiful, peaceful, very special atmosphere!
As for the Aire.... peaceful too, and very nice shop owners! 2 euros if you want water or electricity
!
Enjoy your tour!!

@chaser Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
If you have the opportunity to go to Château de Beaulon at Saint-Dizan-du-Gua , you will find a large aire with 7/7 days open shop . The Château with its beautiful blue fontains gave us our best magical moment. Beautiful, peaceful, very special atmosphere!
As for the Aire.... peaceful too, and very nice shop owners! 2 euros if you want water or electricity
!
Enjoy your tour!!

@chaser Broken Link Removed

That's where we are at the moment Frankie, it's a lovely Aire and the shop has everything. Just walked past the chateau, all closed up as you would expect in the evening, but will check it out tomorrow.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I think JJ has done a full report , it has gas bottles there and post office all next to the shop ..quite unusual in such a small village.
I bought there a marvellous box of 4 bottles of the wines (made also with cognac) of the château .... 85 euros if I recall well.
They make you taste it.
Everything is beautiful ,The castle and the Parc of course. If you go around all the Blue Fountains , you'll be able to read all the legends.... You then wait for a little fairy to show up .....

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
Didn't make it there Frankie, by the time we were up, breakfasted etc it was almost 12 so it was closing for lunch. Hopefully another time!

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
We've driven down to Blaye today, Aire is full and the machine is out of order. Aah... what a shame! Market tomorrow.
Interestingly, there are a load of firemen from Plymouth ( or Portsmouth ) with canoes who tomorrow are canoeing down to Bordeaux in memory of the Cockleshell Heroes.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There's another funsters on here as well, just moved down from twin lakes, don't like to ask his name.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
We've driven down to Blaye today, Aire is full and the machine is out of order. Aah... what a shame! Market tomorrow.
Interestingly, there are a load of firemen from Plymouth ( or Portsmouth ) with canoes who tomorrow are canoeing down to Bordeaux in memory of the Cockleshell Heroes.

Why don't you go IN the medieval City!!!
Municipal Campsite is cheap (I think 10 euros!) and you are next to everything!
Nice view from there too!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why don't you go IN the medieval City!!!
Municipal Campsite is cheap (I think 10 euros!) and you are next to everything!
Nice view from there too!
Been in many times, though not to camp, the aire below is free today as the machine isn't working(y)...and we are in front line for the market in the morning.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We have used the aire at Blaye and walked up to the old city and not seen the municipal site.

We also got a free wheel wash there in February this year o_O

edit - you seem to be heading back to my favourite area and the same as you did earlier this year? Canal du Midi?

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
had a small change of plan, we have now got to twin lakes to join all the funsters here for a couple of days, Never been to one of these get togethers before , and had a good old sing along Last night, and just getting up to another sunny day.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
had a small change of plan, we have now got to twin lakes to join all the funsters here for a couple of days, Never been to one of these get togethers before , and had a good old sing along Last night, and just getting up to another sunny day.

Best thing to do ! I'm sure you 2 are going to enjoy it! Funsters are something special!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not done a lot this last couple of days, had a plesent stop at twin lakes and met some of the gang, then moved on to Julie's friends garden in montendre last night, today we have come down to the Spanish border, to a place in the mountains, called col d'Ibardin, with all duty free shops , cheap wine and fags if you want them and a view over the sea.
Aire packed out but they are just shoving in any where they can get, rain at the moment but should be better tomorrow, on the way down , went to a motorway services and filled the gasit bottle up, no problem at all.
Got to decide now whether to turn left or right tomorrow, either follow the Spanish coast or the mountains to the med.
Problems ey :)

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
Up in the mountains on a very misty morning, still beautiful though. Just had a Spanish breakfast ( including chips ) and will soon be heading off across the mountains to the med.
IMG_20160918_100119074_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
A bit of a traveling day today , across the Pyrenees we are half way to the med now, just past tarbes been a non main road tour through the mountains , but should be a straight to the coast run to tomorrow, them hopefully a week in the med sun.(y):)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
He say's he has but has lost the key to his wine cellar. He's got more gall than the Dux and that's saying something.
Surely that's not humanly possible

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back