Charlies guide to interior cleaning ??? (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Not so much as a guide cos I hate cleaning interiors..

More a question and answer (I hope) thread where we can discuss and bounce ideas off each other on share product knowledge on kit that works well and has good results.

My tips on products to kick off.

Interior plastics are all over the place in our vans. For all plastics inside the van and outside . On tyres as well I use a fantastic product called Meguires Hyper dressing. Its a trade based product that is water based. This means you dilute it to give the level of dressing. Use it neat and you will get a very shiny glossy finish. The more water you add the least amount of shine. I like it weak so it gives a natural but brand new appearance to interior areas like dash boards.. Any plastic item on your vans and the tyres will look stunning when wiped over with Hyper Dressing. It is by a mile the best interior product I have used,,

So mix to your preference and apply with a nice fresh microfibre cloth. Remove any surplus with the same cloth for a brand new look.. (y)

Another area that gets marked easily are the really shiny super glossy parts found on some dash panels and a lot on radios. I call it Piano Black. These parts are so easily scratched and show the scratches so much because of the super shiny finish.
For these areas I use a really ultra low cut polish called DoDo juice Lime Prime. (LP)
LP is as above as low a cut as you can buy and removes these minor marks to restore a mirror finish to the Piano Black components. An example is the Radio/HiFi unit found on Boxer vans. It will also safely restore the glossy finish to wood trims on some of the Mercedes vans. It really is a safe easy product to use.

Apply with a soft clean microfibre . Just gently rub away those irritating marks. Bear in mind that because of its ultra low cut it can take a little time and effort to remove the deeper marks. Please ALWAYS try on a small area first before getting stuck in !

Upholstery and carpets.. I use two base products both from the Autosmart man..
Both are applied though a carpet/upholstery machine which many of you will have or can be hired for a few quid.
I like G101 mixed fairly weak for both carpets and upholstery, Mix 8 to 1 with water to start and don't soak the surfaces.
The other product is Bio Brisk. This is VERY effective if you have dogs or a van that has been smoked in. It will help in a huge way to remove smells from dogs and the hard to remove smells from smoking. It nuetralises rather than masks these hard to remove smells. .

So 3 products to kick off (y)(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is there a product to take scratches off non shiny plastic? I've scratched some black plastic on the inside of the doors of my wife's car with my shoes getting in after she has being driving and the seat is still slid far forward. Would post a picture if it wasn't dark outside! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Is there a product to take scratches off non shiny plastic? I've scratched some black plastic on the inside of the doors of my wife's car with my shoes getting in after she has being driving and the seat is still slid far forward. Would post a picture if it wasn't dark outside! :)

yeah likely story...Come on admit it your scared of the fireworks!:)

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

You can reduce the appearance by using a dressing like Meguires. Mix it weak to give a natural look. Sadly you can't polish out on textured finishes.

Reactions: DBK

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Being big fan of Autosmart products I too use G101 extensively, however when it comes to carpets and upholstery I do prefer Autosmart Low foam upholstery cleaner. Not only does it do a cracking job but smells really nice too

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back