charging problem (1 Viewer)

Gobil

Free Member
Jan 5, 2010
Funster No
hi all,

got a problem with my charging system it seems, I have an 'Electromatic' 266-3 charging system which refuses to charge the leisure battery, checked the voltage at the clip on connectors after a long drive with the engine running and there is no voltage, I assume the alternators working because the van battery is always in the green.

Any ideas of a fiX?

I've had a cursory look at the connections and fuses, all of which seem fine.

thanks

Gobil

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
You don't mean that there is no voltage at the battery terminals do you? It sounds like a fuse has gone somewhere if you are getting no charge at all from the alternator, although if the starter battery is fully charged the alternator will only be supplying a trickle charge irrespective of the state of the leisure battery.

When you are on hookup and your charger is switched on does the leisure battery charge? On some vehicles the Control Panel switches must be set to the Leisure Battery or it will not receive a charge.

Phil.

OP
OP
G

Gobil

Free Member
Jan 5, 2010
Funster No
no, the battery itself has voltage, but the clip on connector terminals do not read a voltage when the engine is running.

I am on hookup now, but as far as I see it is not charging. There is a 12V rocker switch on the control panel which I have no idea what it does, you can hear a switch flipping in the battery charger housing when you press it, but when I take the clip on termials off, the power to the panel goes off and I cant check if the switch does anything.

I guess the only option is to flick it one way, go for drive, and then the other and see what happens. But I assumed that it was an automatic charging system.

Any datasheets on these systems?

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back