Charging leisure battery (1 Viewer)

L

LVK

Deleted User
Hi all,
My leisure battery currently doesn't charge of the main one. I'd like to change this so that it charges as I drive around like my main battery. Is this a big job and where can I get it done (don't fancy DIY)?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi it is only a case of running a wire from alternator live feed to a relay / fuse then battery.You may well already have a relay to your fridge ? if so it just needs changing to a dual / twin one and wiring as above :thumb:
terry
A twin relay is about £10 plus a fuse holder £2 and a length of wire ?--£15 in parts and however much to fit (under an hour depending on wire to leisure battery run)):ROFLMAO::thumb:
edit if fitting a twin relay you will need 2 inline fuses ,one for fridge and one for L/Batt

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LVK

Deleted User
Thanks Terry,
The fridge does indeed run off battery as vehicle is going so sounds like a very simple job. My only problem is as soon as I read the word alternator my brain shuts down!! Serious girlie, girl!! Any ideas where I can get this done? I would ask my hubby but he is super busy just now so would rather take it in somewhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi all,
My leisure battery currently doesn't charge of the main one. I'd like to change this so that it charges as I drive around like my main battery. Is this a big job and where can I get it done (don't fancy DIY)?

what is the van?

unusual not to have leisure charge from alternator.
maybe already has but the relay may be jammed/burnt out or fuse may have blown.

gregjacqui

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
leitrim ireland
Funster No
MH
fiat
Exp
35 man and boy
is it a fuse

i had same problem was just a fuse.if you say what type of van im sure one of the tech heads will help you all d best

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back