Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Has anybody else noticed. I have a samsung galaxy tab and a phone that uses a micro usb. I've bought in car chargers off ebay and they are all rubbish. They last about 2 days and then they don't work any more. Am I just unlucky or are these products just faulty?

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
My car charger for the Advent Vega tablet I have came off of ebay and has been fine so far.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
My car charger for the Advent Vega tablet I have came off of ebay and has been fine so far.

Interesting. We bought an Advent Vega on Thursday and got a car charger for it off eBay (delivered yesterday). The Vega is mainly for Jill to use and she has been learning all about it in the last couple of days - a bit different from Windows from what she says :Smile:

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
I have a HTC Hero and all I bought was a USB plug from the pounds shop that plugs into the cigar socket and plug the usb lead into it, works fine.

Gary

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Interesting. We bought an Advent Vega on Thursday and got a car charger for it off eBay (delivered yesterday). The Vega is mainly for Jill to use and she has been learning all about it in the last couple of days - a bit different from Windows from what she says :Smile:

Yes it is different to Windows, but doesn't take much to learn.

Let me know if you need any help. Mine is now running a custom ROM which has improved its speed and battery life no end. It is now as fast as any of the newest ones out there running at 1.5Ghz dual core.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes it is different to Windows, but doesn't take much to learn.

Let me know if you need any help. Mine is now running a custom ROM which has improved its speed and battery life no end. It is now as fast as any of the newest ones out there running at 1.5Ghz dual core.

Thanks. I'll tell Jill. She mentioned something about a custom ROM but also said she had read that it could invalidate the warranty - it's still too new at the moment :Smile:

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Advent have stated that a custom ROM will not invalidate the hardware warranty, which is a nice change.

In fact they officially link to a custom Kernel that was written by Paul O'Brien to help with the performance from their own web site ( http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/ )

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Advent have stated that a custom ROM will not invalidate the hardware warranty, which is a nice change.

In fact they officially link to a custom Kernel that was written by Paul O'Brien to help with the performance from their own web site ( http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/ )

Thanks. I'll tell Jill about it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back