Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Hi all

we are booked in a few weeks time on the tunnel at midnight. With all the trouble at the calais side at night time has anyone crossed at this time and had any problems when reaching the other side with immagants on the roads ect or are they not intreasted it traffic coming the other way getting a bit concerned thats all.

thanks in advance regards chipspie

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi we crossed after midnight a few weeks ago and it was fine, BUT we were advised by the tunnel loader guy to drive for an hour before stopping just in case "they" didn't realise we were not crossing.

Don't worry I'm sure you will be fine, but if your really worried change your crossing time.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
All the problems this side is what we experienced going over just over a week ago :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
son in law went over yesterday, booked on 3:30pm got away at 2:20ish no problems

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I've been over twice in the last 7 weeks, out at mid day and early morning, back at early and late evening and had no problems either way. In fact, I took my Mother in Law over early morning and she was expecting to see hoards of immigrants roaming around Calais when we got there ( she had been discussing this with her friends and had received all sorts of tips and information!)
In fact, we saw 3. I think she was disappointed!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back