Changing taps - MH sink (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
When I bought my van one of the things I knew I would change were the taps on the kitchen sink.

They were rubbish anyway, taps fitted to the inside of a sink that was 5" deep and the previous owner had glued the plastic head on one of the taps - that was a bodge that broke straight away
camper sink close up.jpg

Getting the old taps off was fairly easy - reached to the back of the sink loosened the backing nuts, pulled the taps forward in the bowl and sawed them off with a junior hacksaw - they're only plastic - they must have been fitted to the sink before the sink was fitted - no way of getting them off 'properly'

Decided to fit a Reich Pelikan tap (originals were Reich - and still available!)

new reich tap.jpg
Pis show holes where taps were, Gaffa tape (temporary) and finished job

Will get grommets for holes and plastic bowl to fit sink
upload_2015-3-10_9-21-27.jpeg

upload_2015-3-10_9-22-4.jpeg

upload_2015-3-10_9-22-51.jpeg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Does look a bit vulnerable to splashing ..

as far as I know this is the current reg.
  • BS 7671 does not specify any minimum distance for socket-outlets to be from a sink. However, regulation 512.2.1 requires external influences to be considered when selecting equipment for a particular location. Accessories used in domestic installations are not designed to be splashed and therefore not suitable for installation close to a sink or draining board. For this reason, it is recommended that socket-outlets and other accessories should be located at least 300 mm, measured horizontally, from a sink or draining board, where they are less likely to get splashed.
Caravan installation guide doesn't mention it

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/7.9.2.htm

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
All 3 of my Yanks have/had sockets in the bathroom!! They get away with it because the American voltage is 110v Centre tapped and Double Pole switched, Both Line and Neutral and Theoretically no more that 55V. Also they are all GFI Outlets. Still don`t think its the best idea But??????

When I "converted" my First one I swapped it for a UK GFI socket,. The second one came with a conversion by a "Well Known Wolverhampton R-V Dealership" and was an Ordinary Socket!! (which quickly got swapped out).

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back