jessicajanet

Free Member
Apr 5, 2012
glasgow
Funster No
MH
fiat granduca pegaso 55
Exp
Can anyone help re checking and changing gearbox oil in a 1995 Fiat Ducato Granduca 55 motorhome.:Doh:

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I changed the gear box oil on my1998 Fiat 2.5 diesel but only because as I was replacing both front wheel bearings the drive shaft popped out and I lost some of the oil.

You will have to drain out the oil that is in first then check the gearbox capacity I think mine was around 2.5 to 3 litres whatever the manual says and remove the reverse light switch and fill from there.

They may be a special fill point on your box but there was not one on mine so the reverse switch sufficed hope this helps Alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I did not want to reply to this thread as I was not sure if they had changed the gearbox in later models. But as said above if its the same box as the earlier ones you have two chambers in it and what looks like a filler plug and a drain plug. What you should do is drain from the lower plug and remove the reversing light switch and fill with 2.5 litres of semi synthetic gear oil. They should be a dipstick on top of the gearbox, although it is a little difficult to find.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back