changing oil

Discussion in 'How To' started by jessicajanet, Nov 9, 2012.

1. jessicajanet

jessicajanet Read Only Funster

Can anyone help re checking and changing gearbox oil in a 1995 Fiat Ducato Granduca 55 motorhome.:Doh:

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Unless you are mechanically minded, I would suggest you get a mechanic to do it.

Peter

3. Paramotormanal

Paramotormanal Read Only Funster

I changed the gear box oil on my1998 Fiat 2.5 diesel but only because as I was replacing both front wheel bearings the drive shaft popped out and I lost some of the oil.

You will have to drain out the oil that is in first then check the gearbox capacity I think mine was around 2.5 to 3 litres whatever the manual says and remove the reverse light switch and fill from there.

They may be a special fill point on your box but there was not one on mine so the reverse switch sufficed hope this helps Alan.

4. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

I did not want to reply to this thread as I was not sure if they had changed the gearbox in later models. But as said above if its the same box as the earlier ones you have two chambers in it and what looks like a filler plug and a drain plug. What you should do is drain from the lower plug and remove the reversing light switch and fill with 2.5 litres of semi synthetic gear oil. They should be a dipstick on top of the gearbox, although it is a little difficult to find.