Changing Gas regulators from 50mb to 28/30mb - Advice please (1 Viewer)

Floozie2

Free Member
Feb 29, 2008
Videix, France
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
9 years
Hi,
I have a 1990 Hymer Camp 57 which I'm in the process of regitering in France. My only real hiccup is the gas system. The Hymer runs on 50mb and I suspect the French authorities will want me on 28/30mb as the French norm. If I swap to the lower pressure will I need to do anything to:
Electrolux Fridge
Truma water heater
Truma fire SL 3002

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I'm surprised that this is so. I thought that 30 mbar war the new EU standard!

Still the French are always seem to be a little different from everyone else.

I would imagine that the burners are set for a particular pressure and so a change in pressure would be important. However the differnece between 28 and 30 is quite small,

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Don,t see why you would have to change your regulator just because you will be in France .
EN 1949 was rolled out for the 2004 season onwards (vehicles manufactured from September 2003), manufacturers should comply with the new standard by ensuring that the LPG supply in new touring and motor caravans is regulated to 30mbar pressure.

As far as i know it is not being retrospectivly applied to older vehicles in France and certainly not in the UK.

IF IT AINT BROKE.....................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

Floozie2

Free Member
Feb 29, 2008
Videix, France
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
9 years
I am hoping it's not retrospectively applied, but this is France! Anyway, I've tracked down who does the inspections around here, so I can ask them. I'll keep you posted.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
why would you change ? you are perfectly safe and legal as you are , and the vehicle will be inspect by drire ; I still run french registered vehicles at 50Mb , and as someone said , the 30Mb is not retrospective , just a norm for new vehicles

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back