Changing gas/electric suppliers? (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
My one year dual fuel deal is coming to an end and as usual they (e-on) have offered a bumped up price and are not interested in lowering it.Customer loyalty doesnt come into it anymore as new customers get a better deal ! Has anyone got a good deal recently off any Energy companies ? I am in Midlands area.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If your on economy 7 meters try Scottish Power-We have just arranged to swap from EON to SPower. They have a reduced standing charge and slightly cheaper per KhW than EON. Checked it thru the comparison sites and then did the proper sums(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Just changed mine to another fixed deal with SSE. Worth having a look at the suppliers sites as some deals aren't on u-switch and the like.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
I used to be dual fuel but found it cheaper to have different suppliers for gas and leccy. Currently using Daligas for gas and First Utilities for leccy.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Just a headsup, but apparently the government require the energy companies to notify you, as your deal comes to an end, of any cheaper deals that they have

So your bill will state that if you change from your current "March 17" deal to their March 18" deal you will save, say £300. You think that the new deal is cheaper, and switch. What it actually compares is what you will pay on the "March 18" deal against what you will pay on their much more expensive "standard" deal, which is what you will be automatically put on when your "March 17" deal ends

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Been with Scottish Power for years, when I find a cheaper quote I ring them and they come up with a better deal.

I have found the energy comparison sites useless, they email you saying switch to this company and save x hundred pounds, when I put their costs into my spreadsheet with my actual energy use, I find out they are telling a load of porkies.
No substitute for doing the groundwork yourself.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
If you spend a lot of time "on the road" it could be worth looking at Ebico who offer a zero standing charge tarrif.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Been with Scottish Power for years, when I find a cheaper quote I ring them and they come up with a better deal.

I have found the energy comparison sites useless, they email you saying switch to this company and save x hundred pounds, when I put their costs into my spreadsheet with my actual energy use, I find out they are telling a load of porkies.
No substitute for doing the groundwork yourself.

Spot on Lenny,
When my deal was coming to an end in October I when to the comparision sites and entered my actual annual usage, They said I could save £72 by switching, which they could do for me. I searched on line for the actual tariff details to do the comparision my self, but could find it. I rang the company and all they wanted to do the same comparision, but I insisted ant was give a link to the actual tariffs (gas and electric). When I used them I found rather than saving £72 I would be paying £23 more. I queried it and along with a shed load of bovine extrement I found that they are forced to use figures spcified by the regulator and not your actual usage or the actual tariff. They all know the figures are wrong and they set things up to give a good result using the regulators fomula.

At the time I was with Co-op Energy and they offered to continue my fixed price deal for another 12 months at the same rate as the prevoius year, so I signed up for that.

Con merchants the lot of 'em.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Having issues with SP over my late brothers account, one person telling me one thing, another something completely different,Oh Please!, not doing my BP much good. Bunch of masturbators IMO.!

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
After reading all the comments about the cons and lies we are told by the providers,I am checking in more detail ::prices per KW and also standing charges and any penalty for early termination. Bit of trouble but cant trust any of them.

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Go onto Money Saving Expert website and there is a comparison finder which will show best deals, they will also let you know if a better deal comes onto the market.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
:cold::cold:you must change they will put you on a standard rate and you would not have saved a penny look at your bills see how much you have used and see if you can get a better deal and remember smart meters can not be read be a other utility company's ray xx lol still lol do you look for a gas leak with a match :cold::cold:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Go onto Money Saving Expert website and there is a comparison finder which will show best deals, they will also let you know if a better deal comes onto the market.

Also, when your current deal nears the end, they suggest a new provider.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I recently changed from EDF to ISupply using u switch , got a three year fixed deal at same price as fixed deal which is ending and it's easy with uswitch (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back