Changing Ducato Driver & Passenger Seat - ISOFIX & Comfort (1 Viewer)

7Hvn

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Noob to MHs. Caravaned a lot.
We are due to collect our Roller Team Zefiro 690G on a 2014 Ducato Chassis next Tuesday - Cant't wait!

I was wondering about changing the driver and passenger seat for 2 reasons:
The first would be to allow us to use our daughters ISOFIX on the passenger seat, assuming ISOFIX build into the seat. (There is no passenger airbag). Some BMW and Volvo seats have ISOFIX built in for example.
The second would be for Comfort - Something like Volvo S60 or V70 leather seats are soooo comfortable.

My question is are there any implications of changing the seats to non factory standard. E.g. Insurance, MOT etc?? Has anyone done similar themselves?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
My ISOfix anchor points are in the chassis of the car and not the actual seat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
7Hvn

7Hvn

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Noob to MHs. Caravaned a lot.
Probably some thing to do with seat belt placement
Joe
That's a good point! Looking at some pictures I've taken its unclear whether the seat belt anchor is fixed to the seat's frame itself or the frame beneath the seat. The belt is 'B' pillar mounted.

My ISOfix anchor points are in the chassis of the car and not the actual seat.
Yes - a lot are, but quite a few, particularly front seat ISOFIX are build into the seat frame.

Thanks for the lightening replies!

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
That's a good point! Looking at some pictures I've taken its unclear whether the seat belt anchor is fixed to the seat's frame itself or the frame beneath the seat. The belt is 'B' pillar mounted.

Yes - a lot are, but quite a few, particularly front seat ISOFIX are build into the seat frame.
Fair one, as mine are for the rears only.:rolleyes:

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Personally I find the standard seat in our 2012 Peugeot Boxer very comfortable and can drive all day without getting backache which I used to get in the V70 we once had. If you change the seats you will have to mess about with the seat belts and that is not straightforward.Also any swivel units that's fitted will have to be sorted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have a look at ISRI & Aguti I don't know if they do the isofix but if they do seats should be a straight swap as that's what most motorhomes use if not using the Fiat seats. Having had both, IMO the Aguti are better and more comfortable. You probably won't get much change out if a couple of grand for a pair.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I think the problem would be with your insurance as it is a modification that would not be type approved for the base vehicle.
The newer the vehicle the more these things are a mine field with the rules

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back