Changes to blue badge scheme?

Discussion in 'Motorhomes for the Disabled' started by ourcampersbeentrashed, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Was told today the scheme is changing so only those received the highest rate of mobility allowance will be entitled to a blue badge in the future.

Has anyone else heard this or seen anything on it as I am having trouble finding anything?

2. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

I believe that these changes were mooted and implemented by some councils but there has been a directive from the govt that this practice is too restrictive and that it will have to be changed again.....will try to find the info I read on it. My partners badge is up for renewal this September and with severe arthritis and congestive cardiac failure she really needs it, but has never claimed DLA so would be turned down on that basis. Apparently it all happened when social services took over from the GPs re the assessments for Blue Badges.

:Eeek:

3. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

Off subject, apologies, your call sign is interesting, I lived untill 10 years ago 5 miles from the Welsh town of Mold. Is there any connection with your call sign?

Doug... GW0UXX 73

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  4. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Nooo, nothing so complicated....its an M<zero>callsign and my initial and first part of surname are LDU :Laughing:

5. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

I haven't heard of the Blue Badge being restricted only to DLA Higher Mobility Allowance - but in this month's 'Mobilise' magazine it was reported that several councils around the Country were giving Blue Badges to ANYBODY over the age of 80.

Mobilise jumped in to 'protect' the blue badge and a directive has now gone Nationwide from the Government - that Blue badges are only to be given to accredited 'disabled' people.