Change of motorhome

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by motomike, Jan 14, 2013.

1. motomike

motomike Read Only Funster

Proof that reading topics on this forum are bad for your...sorry, MY wallet !

Having seen some of the wish lists , needs, wants, desires, and necessities of others, it got me thinking. Always a bad sign that...thinking. Anyway, it kept me awake one night so I got up at 3 am to browse the web. By 9.10 am I'd driven 90 miles to Nottingham, and by 9.30 am I'd bought a Chausson Suite Maxi, p/xing the McLouis Glen 432 for a reasonable amount.
    Picked the new van up a few days later, having had one last camp in the McLouis in the snows of Wensleydale and Teesdale to bid it farewell. Had done me proud for 4 and a half years but I fancied a pokier engine.
    So, now have a luxury 2 berth with full leather, bed lowers from ceiling, a decent garage, and 3 litres of Fiat diesel power with comfortmatic gearbox ... fun and easy to drive.

Just need to get out and about more ... so I think Portugal in late Feb to March is almost a definite now. Will post on that later in the hopes of finding travel companions or some Funsters to meet up with.

Cheers... MM :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 8
  2. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Thats the way to do it, you sound like a man with a plan, does sound like you have yourself a nice van there. :thumb:

3. maz

maz Funster

Is that a biker thing? :Wink:

Enjoy your new van! :Smile:

4. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

Great news Mike, hope to be viewing it in April at Whitby, have FUN in it:thumb:

5. kaybee

kaybee Funster

Well done Mike. Enjoy yourself and your new van :Smile: