Certified Sites. Never Again. (1 Viewer)

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Back in December my eldest son says he wants to go to the Big Bank Fair next year in March. We went to the fair last year at the Excel Centre in London and was an excellent, fun and useful day out, so I readily agreed.

Read more...

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Fortunately no hadn't paid anything in advance. Doubt they even do cards at all, the last CS we stopped at didn't either, cash only.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Seems a bit harsh to say that you'll never go to a certified site again because of one bad experience. There could have been lots of reasons why the site that you went to was closed and remember that sites are owned by different people so you'll have different experiences with others. We've used a few and never had any problems with them - they have been great.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We always use certificated sites and prefer them but will only ever phone a day or two before hand and then again on the day. We have been caught out once or twice by people over staying on a site or even worse its the wife's pin money and the husband has taken the booking and forgot to tell her. We find they are interesting and good value for money generally

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well I been here before and you all know what I think about ccc CSS being charged a fortune for nowt.
But on your other thing about losing your water iv puta inline hosepipe tap on the overflow , turn it on while filling else you keep getting blow back then turn it off when full and it stops your water swilkering out, :thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Seems a bit harsh to say that you'll never go to a certified site again because of one bad experience. There could have been lots of reasons why the site that you went to was closed and remember that sites are owned by different people so you'll have different experiences with others. We've used a few and never had any problems with them - they have been great.

No this is my second bad experience and a 100% bad experience rate. If they did have to close due to unforeseen circumstances they did have my details and would have been good to get a call to say so. Seems a very odd way of running a business.

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Well I been here before and you all know what I think about ccc CSS being charged a fortune for nowt.
But on your other thing about losing your water iv puta inline hosepipe tap on the overflow , turn it on while filling else you keep getting blow back then turn it off when full and it stops your water swilkering out, :thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:

Many thanks, was planning to do something similar but with a one way breather valve incase its needed by the pump. Was all ready to accept the blow back but like your idea :thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Many thanks, was planning to do something similar but with a one way breather valve incase its needed by the pump. Was all ready to accept the blow back but like your idea :thumb:

Well you can always turn it on again on site, but iv never had the need:thumb:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
If they did have to close due to unforeseen circumstances they did have my details and would have been good to get a call to say so. Seems a very odd way of running a business.

I would have though the least they could do would be to give you a call. I suppose there are 101 reasons why you were let down. I do understand why you would not chose to use these sites again. My father-in-law loved them but always booked at short notice unless he knew they were likely to be busy when he would book in advance and then check a couple of days before.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back