Free Member
Aug 8, 2010
Midway Toulouse-Bordeaux
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
My van is a 2001 Autocruise Impala, based on the Peugeot Boxer chassis and, now that I am living in France, I am required to re-register it here to comply with the law.

This requires a Certificate of Conformity but, as yet, I have not received any answers to my queries and wonder if any of you jolly nice chaps out there can come up with any new ideas. Thanks in advance for the flurry of recommendations I am about to receive !

OP
OP
J

JakeLePeg

Free Member
Aug 8, 2010
Midway Toulouse-Bordeaux
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
I have tried Autocruise direct a few weeks back but, as yet, no answer.

The Chassis is a Peugeot Boxer 350MWB and yes, it does have an Alko chassis. Extended or not is beyond my technical skills but, as the van is 7.5 metres long, it may well be extended. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
try autocruise again explaining the problem and may be worth ringing instead of email.

Tel 01482 847332

failing autocruise' replying, you could go direct to Alko-Kober quoting the chassis and registration numbers.

Tel 01926 818500

this will only certify the weights on the alko plate though...not the conversion.

they will have the chassis convertion on their files but this route will cost you....dont know how much though.

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
My van is a 2001 Autocruise Impala, based on the Peugeot Boxer chassis and, now that I am living in France, I am required to re-register it here to comply with the law.

This requires a Certificate of Conformity but, as yet, I have not received any answers to my queries and wonder if any of you jolly nice chaps out there can come up with any new ideas. Thanks in advance for the flurry of recommendations I am about to receive !

We tried registering a 2006 Lunar Telstar on a Renault chassis we had all the paperwork. CoC for habitation side and a European Whole Vehicle Type Approval for the Chassis.. We went through the DRIRE (DREAL) in Limoges and they wanted us to change the rear light clusters, Gas connectors, internal plug sockets, headlights and the speedo and when all that was completed they would then inspect it to see if met the French regs.......:Angry:

In the end I took the van back to the UK where it was sold and bought a French registered one here.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The problem you will have that 'AutoCruise' who built the van went bust.

The new AutoCruise is now part of the Swift Group and they only bought the name.

Peter

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years

We had problems trying to get our Hymer into the french system, we tried the DRIRE first and they more or less told us to take it back to England and sell it, we managed to get all the paper work, then our French friend took us to the Sous Prefecture and told them that all we wanted was a change of address they then gave us the documents to get the french number plates, since then we have registered a car and a van the same way. good luck Bambi 2

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
it beggars belife that m/h dealers dont get it right,,,:Angry: all of them no exeptions ,,, you must get it when you purchase it from new :thumb:??? eu law,,every one in fr, ger, and all the others do because in the eu you cant register it ,,,not england,,, because the lenth of time for the first mot,,, they say they dont have to but they do ???? even under the 1968 traffic act,, but bless them ,they for get,,maybe cause they have to pay for it and they dont like parting with money they make,but wont mind spending yours as they often say [ you got to pay ] to get it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back