Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Hi I have been sent a certificate of conformity in the post a week before we are due to collect a new motorhome, the certificate says is dated Dec2008 but we were told that it is a new 2010 model, why is this and can we do anything, have we been sold a 2 year old vehicle at a new price? we havent paid the balance yet only a large deposit, plus as I mentioned on an earlier post the dealer has not done some of the things he promised to fit to the van, he says its been registerd in my name and n alarm and bike rack added. would appreciate some help on this one.:Angry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i doubt there is a problem.....
the certificate is for that motorhome model, not the year of build.

just means it conforms to the original design when the certification was applied for, within reason.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
i doubt there is a problem.....
the certificate is for that motorhome model, not the year of build.

just means it conforms to the original design when the certification was applied for, within reason.
so its not a 2 year old vehicle pappajohn?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
The certificate date is when that model was passed not the date it was manufactured. I assume the way it is constructed hasnt changed since the date on the cert.

Dont worry about it all is in order.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
so its not a 2 year old vehicle pappajohn?

I would not of thought the conversion was. However depending on what it is (conversion wise) it would not be uncommon for the base vechile to be a 2008 and then converted last year. consider that many will purchase several 100 vans for convesion.

not uncommon, just ensure that if this is the case, the manufactures warranty reflects this as some have been caught out.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

My mh was manufactured in 2003, it says so all over the van. It is marketed as a 2004.

It may well have stood around at the manufacturers for some time and then again at the dealers and could have been sold to the original owner near the end of 2004 or even 2005 but it was still new when the original owner bought it.

Hope that makes some sense.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The certificate date is when that model was passed not the date it was manufactured. I assume the way it is constructed hasnt changed since the date on the cert.

Dont worry about it all is in order.:thumb:

there's a few things different I have been told, in the voyager eg LED lights, a new bathroom door and the hab door is the same as ours, we have a sundance which was maufactured in 2008 also

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
there's a few things different I have been told, in the voyager eg LED lights, a new bathroom door and the hab door is the same as ours, we have a sundance which was maufactured in 2008 also

the cert of conformity is for the main structure and construction methods, not for interior fixtures and fittings.
basicaly it must conform to pre-determined criteria.

if the test model was made of cardboard and chewing gum, then all future vans of that particular model must be made the same way and to the same basic design no matter how far in the future it is made.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back