Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
Evening,

On my Certificate of Conformity from swift the title' Technically permisable maximum laden mass states it as 3850kg.

On my V5C form it states my revenue weight also as 3850kg

The numbers on my vin plate in the engine bay state;
3500kg - Gross vehicle weight.
5500kg - Gross train weight
1850kg - Front Axle
2120kg - Rear axle

The motorhome is classed and taxed as PHGV.

Does the plate in the engine bay read the incorrect GVW of 3500Kg and need changing to 3850kg?

It also has the title of,'Mass of the vehicle with bodywork in running order at 3276kg'. Is this weight of it with water+fuel+driver+engine oils when it came out of the factory leaving me with 574kg of payload?

Pappajohn this is all down to you after reading your post this morning, never heard of a Certificate of Conformity and didnt know that it had that much info on it. Cheers:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
never heard of a Certificate of Conformity and didnt know that it had that much info on it. Cheers:thumb:

This the glorious fourth reich, Sorry, EU. Everything has to conform.

Everything you buy now has the CE mark, which states that it has a certificate of conformity to comply with all appropriate EU regs. Anything from a paper clip to an HGV and beyond.

Good innit. You can be sure your paper clip will not snap in two and impale you yet it will hold 11.275 gms of paper securely together.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mark, your plate is not correct I am afraid

But before you panic have a good look around inside the door jams and other likely areas.
Yes, in theory the 'new' plate should be beside the old.. but we all know about theory !

At least you have all the correct paperwork so I believe you could get the correct plate for not a lot of gold :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Evening,

On my Certificate of Conformity from swift the title' Technically permisable maximum laden mass states it as 3850kg.

On my V5C form it states my revenue weight also as 3850kg

The numbers on my vin plate in the engine bay state;
3500kg - Gross vehicle weight.
5500kg - Gross train weight
1850kg - Front Axle
2120kg - Rear axle

The motorhome is classed and taxed as PHGV.

Does the plate in the engine bay read the incorrect GVW of 3500Kg and need changing to 3850kg?

It also has the title of,'Mass of the vehicle with bodywork in running order at 3276kg'. Is this weight of it with water+fuel+driver+engine oils when it came out of the factory leaving me with 574kg of payload?

Pappajohn this is all down to you after reading your post this morning, never heard of a Certificate of Conformity and didnt know that it had that much info on it. Cheers:thumb:

hi mark, have you checked for any other plates.....as you will have seen from my last thread i have 3 plates in total...all on the bonnet/front panel.

swift, alko and fiat.

if its taxed as PHGV then it is over 3500kg so its just the plate thats missing

is your cert of conformity a seperate piece of paper or is it attached to any other documentation ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Evening all.

I will have a look tomorrow for any other plates knocking about.

On the C of C it mentions; location of statutory plates: Left Hand Front Bulkhead.
Is this the one in the footwell of the driver side with long number in it?

Any other interesting places where i should be looking?

If i cannot find any other plate is it ok for me to make a plate up and and just stick the weights from the C of C on it?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Evening all.

On the C of C it mentions; location of statutory plates: Left Hand Front Bulkhead.

If i cannot find any other plate is it ok for me to make a plate up and and just stick the weights from the C of C on it?

sure it has to be a recognised makers plate....ie..alko, fiat etc.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Evening all.

Hi Mark,
our plate was behind the passenger seat at the bottom of the wooden panel

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Would never have thought to look there, could be a winner tho as i have the wooden panel also behind seat.
cheers

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Just nipped out to have a peak behind cab seats in my dressing gown and slippers.(much to mrs disgust):whatthe: And there is the plate with the money saving info on it:thumb:

cheers Ambilkate spot on, thanks eveyone else for info

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Just nipped out to have a peak behind cab seats in my dressing gown and slippers.(much to mrs disgust):whatthe: And there is the plate with the money saving info on it:thumb:

cheers Ambilkate spot on, thanks eveyone else for info

Glad to be of help Mark, is that a picture of your van in the avatar, why I am asking it looks very similar to our 630g. We have had our van uprated to 4100kg to give us extra on back axle for our daughters mobility scooter.

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Yes the trusty Ace Novella Roma on a Fiat Ducato 244 series.
We bought her April last year and we think she is great.
Six berth but there is only two of us so have plenty of room to clutter. Great fixed bed above the garage and a good size Bath/shower room.
Only thing which bugs me is the lack of power in 5th gear going up hills. Need a remap i think, posted on here around £350:whatthe: to do. Only got one 110AMP battery to live off and would love another fitted.
But she runs like a dream:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes the trusty Ace Novella Roma on a Fiat Ducato 244 series.
We bought her April last year and we think she is great.
Six berth but there is only two of us so have plenty of room to clutter. Great fixed bed above the garage and a good size Bath/shower room.
Only thing which bugs me is the lack of power in 5th gear going up hills. Need a remap i think, posted on here around £350:whatthe: to do. Only got one 110AMP battery to live off and would love another fitted.
But she runs like a dream:thumb:

thats a problem with all 5 speed ducatos....4th to 5th is a long legged leap and 5th is well overgeared.:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back