Central Locking on Adria / Ducato Hab door (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Ever since we bought our Adria Coral last year the CL on the habitation door has been temperamental. Sometimes it engages when the central locking fob is pressed and other times it doesn't meaning we need to always check and frequently manually lock the Hab door.

The dealer has had it back on several occasions to try and fix - it works for a bit and then starts playing up again.

Last time they told me they had fixed it but when they tried to demo it to me it wasn't right so I hung around for another 45 mins while they took it back into the workshop and frigged around with it a bit more.

They then told me that the electrical contactors on the closing edge were out of alignment and they had re-aligned them and it seemed to be working OK.

We just came back form 3& 1/2 wks in France & Spain and it worked fine for the first week or so and then stopped working off either the fob or the cab switch. I suspect the contacts need cleaning or realigning.

However, I note that when locking the door with the key you either turn clockwise 60 degrees and then back to unlock or anti-clockwise to lock. The lock/unlock symbols by the keyhole are reversed so that you are turning the key towards the unlock symbol to lock and vice versa!! Any thoughts?

Thanks

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Had the sameproblem with ours.
cleaned the contacts with some wire wool & contact cleañer spray, thenzpplied a litt.e vaseline.
have to repeat every few months.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We used to have the same problem with our Adria

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
We had a similar problem last year. Turned out to be the cable running from the Hab door as its inside flexible trunking you don't notice that it can perish, it's a quick and not too costly fix.

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
We had the same problem with our 660sl . Stripped it down and found a broken spring in the door panel . Refitted it and all worked fine. Just needed to create a new loop on the old spring .

OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Sorted.....checked with a meter and power was definitely getting thru to the van side contacts - took the door panel off and could see from the inside that the contacts were not aligning and there was still a gap between the mating faces so repositioned the contacts on both door and van and glued a piece of plastic behind the door contacts to push them forward a bit and now seems to work every time. Gave all contacts a brush up with some wire wool as well.

Thanks for the advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Great you found a sokution. Hopefully it might help others.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back