Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
Ok people your mission should you decide to accept it.............

Have a Miami now on a Renault (very smooth and car like) and the thing locks itself after a few mins (front and hab door) which is fine except when the keys are inside !

Any bright Bunnies out there found a way where i can stop the hab door from locking its self ?

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Ok people your mission should you decide to accept it.............

Have a Miami now on a Renault (very smooth and car like) and the thing locks itself after a few mins (front and hab door) which is fine except when the keys are inside !

Any bright Bunnies out there found a way where i can stop the hab door from locking its self ?

Our Mercedes based auto sleeper does the same if we don't open and close one of the cab doors after unlocking with the fob.

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
Our Mercedes based auto sleeper does the same if we don't open and close one of the cab doors after unlocking with the fob.

Hi and thanks, you say a trick is to open a cab door ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017

So does ours - its a security "feature" on the Merc chassis. I started a thread on here a couple of years about this and the consensus was that it can't be switched off (although somebody did think it could be done with the Merc Star computer).
We've just got used to it and I always keep the keys in my pocket.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
My Renault Traffic will re lock itself if I unlock using the fob after a couple of minutes, unless I open one of the doors.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if your van has an alarm with a negative trigger line, you can feed this to the interior light circuit, so fooling the body control unit that a doors been opened. it will briefly illuminate the light and then go off

otherwise you need to have the feature turned off with a computer or simply get used to opening a cab door first when you unlock

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jp51mog

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
midlands
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
swopped from caravans
Hi, had our Miami for three months now and quickly found that when you open the doors with the key fob, you should then use the door switch mounted in the tv housing to lock and then unlock to override the self locking feature

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back