CELLO TV ...help for an old fool

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by mentaliss, May 14, 2013.

1. mentaliss

mentaliss

bought a 19" cello tv earlier this year, picture is pretty good (freeview) UK... BUT it does'nt tune into any FRENCH ( terresrial secam CHANNELS) although the TV has a FRENCH tuner can I receive French TV:Eek!: or not????

2. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I don't know I'm afraid, although I have one I've not used it in France yet. It certainly has a menu with lots of different countries on it. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll try it.:Smile:

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

certainly should but you need to change the tuning format from PAL to SECAM or AUTO in the main tuning menu

4. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

We're in France at the end of the month with a new van and a new Cello (got the piano too). We'll give it a try too. :Smile:

5. alan

alan Funster

French TV

I was under the impression that with digital TV you didn't need to tune into analogue and the see cam system and that TV through out europe was pretty standard
    Alan

6. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

I take it you are actually in France......?:RollEyes::RollEyes: :Wink:

Are you trying to tune in to a digital or analogue signal?
    The French analogue system was expected to be closed down by Nov 2011.

So you should just have to re tune with the digital tuner, but select France as the location country in the menu system first before you actually tune the set.......:thumb:

:Smile:

7. mentaliss

mentaliss

Were actually staying at the aloha camp site (Southern France) 50 metres from the Med' as far as Im aware there's no analogue tv in france so, yes Im trying to tune into the French digital TV....the Cello has a secam tuner so I just select what tuner is required in the selection grid..(already selected DTV) and the tuner scans the network it does find 30-50 channels depending on our locatation at the time but it does not save them so I end up with ' NO SIGNAL'......the Cello girl I spoke to in the UK doesnt appear to understand the issue as she told me I need the 'Cello Traveller TV' but looking at the spec' of that TV it still requires a Sat Tuner & Dish as does mine ( if I should want SAT' TV) both TV's have digital tuners and can tune into foreign terrestial digital TV, i do hope someone from Cello might be looking at this and perhaps they may care to train their staff better

8. bigmillie

bigmillie Read Only Funster

I have a Alba tv I can get tv wherever i am in Europe without ever changing the set up
    just scan and watch as i would in the UK , be aware that a lot of french multiplexes are scrambled but TF1 etc are ok

Just a thought have you tried it without selecting SECAM as I think that Digital is Digital ie not PAL or Secam as mine works without selecting anything

Just googled it France switched from Secam to DVB-T so no more Secam in France

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  9. bigmillie

bigmillie Read Only Funster

Just remembered if you do a scan whilst waiting for your ferry at Dover you will get French and English channels together interesting