CELLO TV ...help for an old fool (1 Viewer)

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
bought a 19" cello tv earlier this year, picture is pretty good (freeview) UK... BUT it does'nt tune into any FRENCH ( terresrial secam CHANNELS) although the TV has a FRENCH tuner can I receive French TV:whatthe: or not????

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't know I'm afraid, although I have one I've not used it in France yet. It certainly has a menu with lots of different countries on it. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll try it.:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
certainly should but you need to change the tuning format from PAL to SECAM or AUTO in the main tuning menu

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We're in France at the end of the month with a new van and a new Cello (got the piano too). We'll give it a try too. :Smile:

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
French TV

I was under the impression that with digital TV you didn't need to tune into analogue and the see cam system and that TV through out europe was pretty standard
Alan

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
bought a 19" cello tv earlier this year, picture is pretty good (freeview) UK... BUT it does'nt tune into any FRENCH ( terresrial secam CHANNELS) although the TV has a FRENCH tuner can I receive French TV:whatthe: or not????

I take it you are actually in France......?:RollEyes::RollEyes: :winky:

Are you trying to tune in to a digital or analogue signal?
The French analogue system was expected to be closed down by Nov 2011.

So you should just have to re tune with the digital tuner, but select France as the location country in the menu system first before you actually tune the set.......:thumb:

:Smile:

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I take it you are actually in France......?:RollEyes::RollEyes: :winky:

Are you trying to tune in to a digital or analogue signal?
The French analogue system was expected to be closed down by Nov 2011.

So you should just have to re tune with the digital tuner, but select France as the location country in the menu system first before you actually tune the set.......:thumb:

:Smile:

Were actually staying at the aloha camp site (Southern France) 50 metres from the Med' as far as Im aware there's no analogue tv in france so, yes Im trying to tune into the French digital TV....the Cello has a secam tuner so I just select what tuner is required in the selection grid..(already selected DTV) and the tuner scans the network it does find 30-50 channels depending on our locatation at the time but it does not save them so I end up with ' NO SIGNAL'......the Cello girl I spoke to in the UK doesnt appear to understand the issue as she told me I need the 'Cello Traveller TV' but looking at the spec' of that TV it still requires a Sat Tuner & Dish as does mine ( if I should want SAT' TV) both TV's have digital tuners and can tune into foreign terrestial digital TV, i do hope someone from Cello might be looking at this and perhaps they may care to train their staff better

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
I have a Alba tv I can get tv wherever i am in Europe without ever changing the set up
just scan and watch as i would in the UK , be aware that a lot of french multiplexes are scrambled but TF1 etc are ok

Just a thought have you tried it without selecting SECAM as I think that Digital is Digital ie not PAL or Secam as mine works without selecting anything

Just googled it France switched from Secam to DVB-T so no more Secam in France

Last edited:

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Just remembered if you do a scan whilst waiting for your ferry at Dover you will get French and English channels together interesting

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back