cci (1 Viewer)

joannieo2

Free Member
Jun 3, 2010
Funster No
can you use cci at petrol stations as garantee at petrol stations in france.going to france 9 july to somme & normandy 7 days camping near futurscope then 3 days camping vie reims to dunkirk then calais.information on best war sites & aires in these regions much appreciated.

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
can you use cci at petrol stations as garantee at petrol stations in france.

I am afraid that your question is not clear to me. What is cci? And when you talk about "guarantee" are you suggesting that you use a cheque?

No French company or person will accept a UK bank cheque for reasons that I will not go into.

It has always been difficult to know which petrol stations in France will accept UK Credit and Debit cards. For some time virtually none would accept them on the unmanned 24/24 pumps because of a long history of fraud.

Things are changing, though, and many pumps will now accept UK cards. I suggest that you use a VISA debit card which I think is more likely to have a wide following. Otherwise fill up at a manned station and always have a big enough Euro float to ensure that you can pay cash if necessary.

For those who travel regularly in France I would recommend opening one of the accounts with Credit Agricole Britline (CA) which are designed for British residents. It enables you to pay money into the account in Euros and have a bank debit card that you can use as if you were a French resident. http://www.britline.com/currentaccount/applying/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back