Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Just had a look at the CCC out & about to see what is available at Easter. I'm not sure if it was because I was using my tablet but the new lay out is a great improvement on previous offerings, decent search, maps and more info. I also noticed that they are promising a soon to be released app.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just had a look and used the quickbook facility on the front page to see what was available in the south west and it came up with three sites open now.

First impressions, assuming this is new as I haven't used their website for a year or so, is it is very good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Try planning a tour staying at a few sites and then throw in a mix and match with CC & CL sites.

The fundamental issue is the inability to see the pitch availability. It's B, useless to just say there no pitches and the only way to find out when there are any is by trial and error..

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I have not looked at site booking (don't do sites much), it's the Out & About section that I thought much improved.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
FJ, not having a pop just a rant about the booking system. Despite comment to the club they can't seem to grasp that people visit more than one site and sometimes you need to juggle dates to fit around pitch availability. Something that's nigh on impossible on the C&CC site.

Have suggested they look at the CC site for a few ideas.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Well I've just spent 30 minutes trying to book a site and now I've given up.bloody useless.
Brian & Jo

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We don't do club sites but use the DA rallies. Think the new site is terrible - the meets aren't even in date order! Far worse than the "old" version.
Denise

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I haven't tried to follow a booking through to completion but this screen shot shows availability of hard standing pitches with electric at one site. The dark green bit is because I asked it for three nights starting tomorrow. Not sure why folk can't go from here to a booking.

Screenshot_20160308-221207.png

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
I haven't tried to follow a booking through to completion but this screen shot shows availability of hard standing pitches with electric at one site. The dark green bit is because I asked it for three nights starting tomorrow. Not sure why folk can't go from here to a booking.

View attachment 96340

Yes but now try to do the same when the date you have chosen is not available.

All you get is a statement that says no pitches available. You then have to find a vacant date to get that display up.

Interested in your view when you've tried that.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Cant believe the prices of both clubs,,,Isn't it cheap in Europe,,,BUSBY.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes but now try to do the same when the date you have chosen is not available.

All you get is a statement that says no pitches available. You then have to find a vacant date to get that display up.

Interested in your view when you've tried that.
I see the problem, not much use if you can't see availability without first knowing when it is!

Edit: Just tried to book a date shown as not available and I was able to see the calender. The dates I wanted were shown with a cross against them as not available.

If this is supposed to be a new website were your problems with the old one?

Last edited:

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
I see the problem, not much use if you can't see availability without first knowing when it is!

Edit: Just tried to book a date shown as not available and I was able to see the calender. The dates I wanted were shown with a cross against them as not available.

If this is supposed to be a new website were your problems with the old one?

Using quick book select core castle for 3 nights arriving good Friday and advise what you get I'm beginning to wonder if it's me!!!!!!!!

All I get is no accommodation, your then left to trial and error pick a free night so you can get the calandar view up showing availability.

Folks the system is C** p

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Using quick book select core castle for 3 nights arriving good Friday and advise what you get I'm beginning to wonder if it's me!!!!!!!!

All I get is no accommodation, your then left to trial and error pick a free night so you can get the calandar view up showing availability.

Folks the system is C** p
Did you click on the + sign then click on the pale green tick mark against the type of pitch you want? This how I got the screen shot above even though there was no availability for the dates I chose.

But I agree it isn't very intuitive.

Deleted User
Cant believe the prices of both clubs,,,Isn't it cheap in Europe,,,BUSBY.
The prices shown are non member rates, members are about 25% cheaper. Access to this site is terrible a lot of the pitches are under trees and in the shade. there are much better c/l & c/s sites around the area.

Spongy

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
01.jpg

• Change holiday details >

Select pitch
    No Accommodation
    We are unable to find any accommodation for the criteria you entered,
    please try different dates, durations or equipment using the change buttons above

Date25 March 2016 for 3 nights
    UnitMotorhome (less than 6.00m x 2.00m) with awning
About the Club

That's all I get on an iPad no links or +

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp

View attachment 96340

Dbk, can't find the screen you posted, how did you get to it in the first place, thanks

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Dbk, can't find the screen you posted, how did you get to it in the first place, thanks
From this page, which is the home page, note details filled in on left.

Screenshot_20160309-170516.png

Then clicked the Search button, Quick book didn't seem to do anything!

This page came up.

Screenshot_20160309-170534.png

Clicked on Corfe Castle + sign and this appears.

Screenshot_20160309-170548.png

Click on tick mark by hard standing and electric pitch to show availability.

Screenshot_20160309-170558.png

Note there is no availability for hard standing pitches on the dates selected but it is showing prices for the other pitches, these are available. Here is what happens if I select a grass pitch.

Screenshot_20160309-171311.png

Last edited:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Used to book 6 sites ,no problem at all .not the most user friendly but much better than it was....Roy

Reactions: DBK

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
The prices shown are non member rates, members are about 25% cheaper. Access to this site is terrible a lot of the pitches are under trees and in the shade. there are much better c/l & c/s sites around the area.

Spongy

If you're talking about the Corfe Castle C&CC site, I totally agree. Not only that but some of the hardstandings are so far from level that even on the top step of Milenco Tridents we were still uncomfortably nose down. And we are talking new hardstandings here, not ones that have reverted back to site gradients after many years. :RollEyes:

Another of the hardstandings we were directed to looked to be fairly level, but the gravel slope you had to reverse up to get onto it would have burnt the clutch out if I'd persevered with it. Can't remember the pitch number but it was on the right as you start to go up the slope just past the service point.

Add to that an unpleasant and unhelpful warden and there is no way we would go back. We only stayed there for two nights but that was more than enough.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
If you're talking about the Corfe Castle C&CC site, I totally agree. Not only that but some of the hardstandings are so far from level that even on the top step of Milenco Tridents we were still uncomfortably nose down. And we are talking new hardstandings here, not ones that have reverted back to site gradients after many years. :RollEyes:

Another of the hardstandings we were directed to looked to be fairly level, but the gravel slope you had to reverse up to get onto it would have burnt the clutch out if I'd persevered with it. Can't remember the pitch number but it was on the right as you start to go up the slope just past the service point.

Add to that an unpleasant and unhelpful warden and there is no way we would go back. We only stayed there for two nights but that was more than enough.

That's very strange because I go there quite often ,and agree that some of the pitches are not perfectly level ,but don't remember a pitch that was so steep that you feared for you clutch . As for the wardens ,I have never had any issues with them at all .things must have changed since last July ..

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
That's very strange because I go there quite often ,and agree that some of the pitches are not perfectly level ,but don't remember a pitch that was so steep that you feared for you clutch . As for the wardens ,I have never had any issues with them at all .things must have changed since last July ..

We were there for the two nights before Jez's Fun meet in June last year. Next time you're there check out the pitch I'm talking about. With a long heavy van it's a definite clutch burner.

Also check out the angle of the pitches at the back of the site on the top level. I use the word 'level' here ironically, obviously. ::bigsmile:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We were there for the two nights before Jez's Fun meet in June last year. Next time you're there check out the pitch I'm talking about. With a long heavy van it's a definite clutch burner.

Also check out the angle of the pitches at the back of the site on the top level. I use the word 'level' here ironically, obviously. ::bigsmile:

Probably didn't affect me much because van only a tad over 6m and is nose heavy so her bum sticks up a bit and because of that tend to use slopes to help level her out. ..

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
DBK,

Thanks can see that works fine but there is still an issue.

Suppose you wanted to go to Bude instead, there is no availability for any pitch type on the dates we have used therefore the site does not appear in the search list and therefore you can't view pitch availability

However if you look up the site you can get to the availability from there.

Thanks again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back