CCC - for 'Beneficial' read 'Rip-Off' (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
If you are on facebook or twitter you can post your views there also.

I don't do Facebook but I followed the link to the CCC Facebook page from their website. Lots of disgruntled and soon-to-be-ex members posting on there!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well you have to ask yourself Maz, how much more it would cost you during the months where you use THSs, without those sites.

If it's equal to or more than the membership - fine you are quids in. If you aren't saving the fee - then you do think about it, but have to weigh up if there is another reasonably priced site where you could go at that time instead. If not - you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The CC there is hardly anything about now under £10 a night and that may not include elec. About £12 is fairly average for a CL including elec, may or may not have even a loo let alone showers. Some with everything are around £15. And the CC don't offer cheaper rates to old uns neither do they reduce prices for singles. In fact why should they? You take up just as much room as me and Pete, and we take up the same room as the Haganap family plus dog.

We don't even have a telly and normally don't take any mains appliances, so it's just the fridge and the heating, if we need it on. If there are site showers, we may not even have the water on - though we we will use the elec plate on the cooker in preference to the gas. Obviously!

Other folk have mains awning heaters , air con units and God knows what. You pays yer money and takes yer choice .......

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't do Facebook but I followed the link to the CCC Facebook page from their website. Lots of disgruntled and soon-to-be-ex members posting on there!

Same here so I tried that as well but didn't get far before FB wanted me to log in :Doh: so didn't see how many posters there were. If it's anything like the CC forum, though, the number of people who post is a tiny fraction of the total membership.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Well you have to ask yourself Maz, how much more it would cost you during the months where you use THSs, without those sites.

If it's equal to or more than the membership - fine you are quids in. If you aren't saving the fee - then you do think about it, but have to weigh up if there is another reasonably priced site where you could go at that time instead. If not - you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I will most likely retain my CCC membership for another year (at least) because of the THSs. However, I will be seriously reducing my use of CCC club sites in favour of CC sites which offer mid-week discount.

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I've just booked for a weekend at the end of March and it's about 30p a night more than last year, I don't think that's an unreasonable increase.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I've just booked for a weekend at the end of March and it's about 30p a night more than last year, I don't think that's an unreasonable increase.

That particular site may not be but plenty of others are.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back