CC wifi

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by camocam1, Mar 8, 2014.

1. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

Arrived on site at strathclyde and decided to buy 12 month wifi package
    Registered and got confirmation email that the £25 had been paid but NO access code
    Of to see wardens who were great phoned provider yea problem at our end if we get wifi address of devise we will enable it till we get it resolved
    I said but we have more than 1 device so are you going to enable them all
    No you can only use 1 device so it will be the one you registered with
    Sorry but that was my phone and I may want to use other devices at other times sorry you can only use the device you registered with so to use another device you have to pay a further £25 no chance so I want my money back sorry can't do that so complaint going in on Monday
    Any way my 3G is faster than CC wifi

2. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

Stayed at CC site near Folkestone on our way to France last Friday. No 3G coverage from Three of EE, so took the plunge and registered for CC wifi.
    Best download speed we got was 650Kbs, and 110Kbps upload.
    Most of the time web page loading was stalling or not loading at all.
    Basically - waste of time and money.
    So, went down local pub for a few pints and a steak and chips. Everything felt better after that :)

3. ChrisG46

ChrisG46 Read Only Funster

Club wifi seems to have always been bad, mainly because the 2 big clubs just want to sign up long-term contracts whereas the phone companies change and update their offering all the time!

I got a £2 a day dongle from T-Mobile and use it fairly rarely, but use pub and café wifi when and where possible combined with my phone for simple stuff, and I'm please with the result.

4. phodetheus

phodetheus Read Only Funster

I also have found club wifi to be so slow as not worth bothering with. Other sites it tends to vary. The one I am on now at Shamba Holiday Park in Dorset is not too bad at all.

I also have sims for EE (contract), Three, GiffGaff and a Europa (all PAYG) to ensure I have a internet connection no matter where I go. :Smile:

5. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

The wifi I found to be completely adequate for general browsing on 4 sites so far.
    You can use as many devices as you want BUT only one can be logged in at once. If you want to change device just logout and log in again

Your login is the same username and password that you use for the CC website.

HOWEVER the more people that don't know how to use it the better! :laughing:
    Also you can't blame the wardens for not being completely correct about how it works as it is a private company that run it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  6. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Some info

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  7. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

That's probably the likes of filmon then and bbc iplayer?
    Didn't know they could block specific sites.

8. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

I'm with Techno100 here, I've used two different sites so far and found the wifi fine, in fact about as fast as my home wifi.

9. mentaliss

mentaliss

forget all that stuff buy a Sim from Adam ( motorhome wifi) use your smart phone or MiFi ) as you own WiFi Hot spot..used our through out Europe last year ran the lap top, two smart phones:thumb: