CC test Leisure Batts - do you have any info? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Understand the Caravan Club tested leisure batteries a month or two ago and in the test a Varta battery came out on top with one other.

Do you have that test as looking for the model number for the Varta battery in that test please?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Varta professional they deliberately dont give more for fear of "offending" advertisers :Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The report didn't list model numbers but said that of the batteries tested only two makes, Banner and Varta, complied with EN 50342. Exide also comply but they couldn't find any on sale in the UK so didn't test them.

So, I suppose the answer to your question is any model which complies with EN 50342.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Thanks

Was it a white/opaque case or a black case?

The Varta site doesn't give any indication re the EN 50342 for their batteries, none that I have found so far.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Hi again, I think the one you are looking for short code is LAD 115 Professional deepcycle Agm (absorbant glass mat technology)

VARTA® Professional Deep Cycle AGM

Especially developed for the latest electric boats, yachts and motorhomes, this high performance product uses our Absorbent Glass Mat technology for huge energy reserves to power multiple electric devices throughout its long life. With minimal self-discharge, it’s perfect for seasonal use and completely maintenance-free.
Key benefits
Ideal for high-performance electric boats, yachts and motorhomes
AGM technology for superb shock and vibration resistance
Exceptionally long lasting: up to eight times the cyclic stability of conventional batteries (up to 800 cycles @ 50% DOD)
Tough, leak-proof construction
Ideal to power your heavy loaded electrical systems and traction applications

I have a photo but I am thinking about how to reproduce it in this email. That should give you a head start there are various Ampere hour capacity choices Lad145 (145 Ah)

Get your pennies ready.:Smile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back