CC Site Newark, Breath of Fresh Air (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi all
I would like to let you know about Milestone Caravan Park just off the A1 near Newark, Notts
We tried as usual to arrange a small meet over the easter period and as usual failed:Doh: not for the first time either, but yet again due to the lack of available places, unless you book for Easter Just after Christmas, then you have little chance of getting anywhere.
that said
Three funsters managed to get the last 3 places at the Milestone CC site near Newark
And what a breath of fresh air it was, Run By Allan and his wife with son Jo we received a very warm welcome despite being 3 gurt big Rvs:RollEyes:
we were even allowed to park off pitch:Eeek: in one instance in order that we were able to stay together as a group and from conversations we had with other campers it was common to receive such courtesy from the wardens when possible
This site best described as 5 star in my book will be used again without doubt as its friendly ,very clean, 10/10 heated washrooms and toilets, flat hard standing in the main and generally a pleasant place to be:thumb:
In June they are having a bash inside a large building, (all comers welcome) also used for new Year celebrations. with a couple of barrels of local beer donated by the little brewery next door and sold at 50p a pint, proceeds donated to the helicopter fund that monitors the A1
We had a short chat with Allen about organising a Funsters meet there and it would be possible, although for the first time he would ask we kept it small say 10 vans and see how things worked out, if we were prepared to pay up front he would reserve us a section so as to be able to camp as a group, the advance payment was required as in the past so many folk book and fail to turn up as usual spoiling it for the genuine
Keep an eye out for a meet at Milestone Caravan Park
you wont regret it
Also RV friendly With full RV dump points:thumb: and definitely one for The Big Pitch guide, Taken slowly big rigs will cope with ease
Geo
HERE
PS I will leave to another member to post in the review section as he took some pics to go with it
Geo

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
I can second Geo's recommendation for this site... So much so that I'm now considering renewing my membership of the CC . I have never found a warden so accomodating as Allen.

I'm definately up for another bash at this one :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We had a couple of nights at Milestone towards the back end of 2007 as a base for the Lincoln Christmas market. Brilliant site.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back