CC&C insurance - post code makes a difference!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Teasy2007, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

I have just tried to insure with camping and caravan club to be told that they are very sorry but the underwriters have decided our post code can't be covered. They offered a different one but the price was £200 more than last year! Safeguard was £100 less.

After ringing round we have gone with Comfort who came in at £327.29. This includes 365 days European cover (not the 90 which is offered by CC&C), and cover for the full price of the motorhome, they only require a Cat1 alarm! not a tracker.

Ginny

2. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

The C & CC is also 365 days european cover but I can understand them not having you as Rotherham was always a dodgy area.

Mike

3. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

How glad I am for not renewing my subscription to an up and coming dross club !!!:doh::doh::doh:

4. keith

keith Funster

Mine with the C&CC is £280 this year, an increase on last year as I'm now over 75 they told me, and ABI couldn't beat it although Darren tried.

5. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Hi Keith, so yours is an acceptable post code, I feel discriminated ! We have never had a problem before but their loss is Comforts gain.

Ginny

6. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Cheeky bugger!! Our part is full of bungalows and lovely old pensioners LOL

7. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

They definitely told me it was only 90 days European cover, I don't know if you have to pay extra for the full years cover, but by the time she had quoted £567 I had heard enough.

Ginny

8. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

A different insurance company but I was surprised that my car insurance increased by £28 for the remainder of the year when I moved to Devon. From a village in Wiltshire that has a Swindon postcode.
    Will be shopping around come renewal.

9. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We were told that we had 365 days European Cover, but there is a maximum of 90 days in any one trip. I have always been confused by this, will have to get it clarified when we renew.
    Brisey.

10. Stroppy Bird

Stroppy Bird Funster

The problem is that most (if not all) insurance companies only work off the first part of your postcode.

http://www.motorcarinsuranceuk.co.uk/post-code-ratings.php#S

I live in a small village that falls in group B, the whole of one of the nearby towns is group A, yet there are places there where I wouldn't even want to drive my van through, never mind leave parked up and unattended!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Hi Brian,

CC&C told me we could only be covered for 90 days maximum single trip, even though they knew our departure and return were more than 90days apart. We booked everything through them last year, not again I am afraid.

Ginny

12. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Thanks for that Ginny. I think that Safeguard give us up to 120 days in any one trip. Will do some shopping around as we could do with a little longer than 120.
    Brian.

13. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

According to the wording on my renewal it says that you are covered for use in the EU for the whole period of the Policy.
    Will be renewing tomorrow so I will ask them about the 90 days.

Mike

14. vwalan

vwalan Funster

ever policey took out in the eu gives 365 eu cover but could be the minimum for each country. most uk insurers do cheat folk . but shop around full cover can be found with several companies . but dont cover fulltimers .
    it seems comfort is the only one that will.
    as to postcode . its been like it for years . best have a word of where is a cheaper post code and live there . i like cornwall suits me . and cheap.

15. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

Just checked out the small print and it says that check out the Policy Endorsements to see about the cover abroad. The first part says that they will provide the Minimum insurance needed by the relevant law to allow 365 day use but further on my endorsements say that the cover shown in my schedule applies for the EU plus a few other countries for 365 days.
    I did ask last year when I took out the policy so I'm certain that the cover is okay for our longest trip which is around 130 days.

Mike

16. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

I tried Safeguard and found Comfort were over £100 cheaper, the only problem is when I have to renew next year the price will have gone up. Why can't we be given a good price for loyalty, not just new business?

Ginny

17. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

I have just renewed my van insurance and saved over £100. Main problem I have is that a lot won't quote because of where the van is parked overnight. Our nice housing estate has dedicated off road parking but not private drives hence the problem. Now insured with Chaucer via Adrian Flux and very pleased with the service.

18. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

I've moved then from a B to an A but premium went up. Confused dot com describes me exactly! Just a case of searching for best deal I guess.

19. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

All insurance companies go by postcodes. When I moved from a small town in Cheshire to Liverpool I was loaded by well over 100%. My old banger VW car went from £200 to £630. It was at this point I decided to trim the fleet down. The crazy part about it is that I now live on a private gated estate of 9 houses and is more secure than fort Knox. I was told by one insurer that I was 2 postcode numbers away from being uninsurable. I know we get the odd drive by shooting and the ice-cream man sells heroin, but come on, what does that have to do with my vehicle insurance.

• Like Like x 1
  20. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hey dave , perhaps you should sell your icecream van .ha ha .