Cb516 battery charger

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Shuismo, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Shuismo

Shuismo Funster

Hi, here's another dumb question we have a CB516 battery charger and whilst I that it charges the batteries does that mean it alternates which batteries it is charging, and from which source ( mobile or ehu) and what is the button for I have been told it is not an on off switch but an indicator (of what) and should be left on at all times. Confusion reigns.

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

You can download a manual for your charger here http://www.cbe.it/en/content/cb516

It is for charging the habitation battery whist on EHU .. not mobile . Charging while mobile is normally done by the vehicle alternator.

It will only charge the habitation battery not the engine battery unless it has been wired with a selector switch on the control panel.. it won't do this automatically .. your van manual should have this information.

The button is maybe a thermal or overload trip .. pops out when overheated / overloaded , push in to reset .

3. Shuismo

Shuismo Funster

Thank you for your reply, however we have looked at the CB website and no mention of the button or it's function is stated. The Dusseldorf show is underway and so CB manufactures are not able to reply to our questions hopefully they will clarify the button mystery when they are able. Thanks again

4. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

The red illuminated button is the on/off switch. If lit it is ON. If connected to a CBE distribution board it will charge the engine battery at a lower rate too.

My manual for CBE
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  5. Shuismo

Shuismo Funster

Thank you your input explained a lot but why they don't put the full manual on the internet I don't know it would make life easier.