Caxton

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by darklord, Nov 11, 2012.

1. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

Just signed up for a Caxton card after you lot raving about them, looks all ok, and a good way to control spending if nothing else. On the application it asked where I heard about it, so I put "motorhomefun website", probably wont generate a tip from them, but you never know:Rofl1:

2. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

The card works well for me and I have used it quite a bit in the last few days in Italy and now in France.

I think I have seen the advert for it pop up on this web site.

3. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Do an experiment like I did.

Use your "commission free" Caxton ( well we have a different card but same thing) to make a purchase of say a €5 bottle of wine and then use your normal debit card to buy the same bottle next time.

You might be surprised at the ( lack of) difference.

4. Xabia

Xabia Funster

As I have a house in Spain, with the associated costs, I top up my Caxton card when the exchange rate is '(high)', a relative term nowadays and then when I am in Spain I pay expenses with whichever card , credit or Caxton is giving the higher rate. Over a period of time it works out well.

I use their Fastpay system to fund my Barclays account in Spain. The exchange rate is always good and no charges are made by Barclays to pay the money in. If I do transfers from a bank in the UK or pay in a UK cheque they charge me 20€ per time!

Mike