Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Just signed up for a Caxton card after you lot raving about them, looks all ok, and a good way to control spending if nothing else. On the application it asked where I heard about it, so I put "motorhomefun website", probably wont generate a tip from them, but you never know:ROFLMAO:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
The card works well for me and I have used it quite a bit in the last few days in Italy and now in France.

I think I have seen the advert for it pop up on this web site.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Do an experiment like I did.

Use your "commission free" Caxton ( well we have a different card but same thing) to make a purchase of say a €5 bottle of wine and then use your normal debit card to buy the same bottle next time.

You might be surprised at the ( lack of) difference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
As I have a house in Spain, with the associated costs, I top up my Caxton card when the exchange rate is '(high)', a relative term nowadays and then when I am in Spain I pay expenses with whichever card , credit or Caxton is giving the higher rate. Over a period of time it works out well.

I use their Fastpay system to fund my Barclays account in Spain. The exchange rate is always good and no charges are made by Barclays to pay the money in. If I do transfers from a bank in the UK or pay in a UK cheque they charge me 20€ per time!

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back