SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Nice! Pity I have already loaded my card and have no more dosh to put on it until next month...

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
1.273 today.
Nice spot
I just bought €230 for £180
Just noticed my registered card is out of date too so fortunate to realise now than when I want to top up by text

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Last time it topped 127 it went to 124

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Caxton card holders beware of your expirey date! I have encountered people who did not see the email and card expired.

from Caxton FAQ
"What happens when my Caxton FX card expires?
Your card will be valid for three years. When it expires we will issue you with a replacement card only if you let us know one is required. You will be contacted by email at your registered email address one month before expiry and you will be required to re-confirm your details and which replacement cards you require."

EDIT this is especially important if you will be away when it expires? I would contact them for an early replacement if needed.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Halifax Clarity giving 1.319188 today,

and you don't have to give them your money in advance,
you have up to 6 weeks to pay back without accruing any interest.
Pay monthly in full by Direct Debit.

Sorted.......

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Caxton card holders beware of your expirey date! I have encountered people who did not see the email and card expired.

from Caxton FAQ
Your card will be valid for three years. When it expires we will issue you with a replacement card only if you let us know one is required. You will be contacted by email at your registered email address one month before expiry and you will be required to re-confirm your details and which replacement cards you require."

EDIT this is especially important if you will be away when it expires? I would contact them for an early replacement if needed.

Thanks Andy. Handy reminder(y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

from Caxton FAQ

I emailed Caxton today and they replied I can contact them in May for a card before I go away without charge OR I can pre book one now for €7.50

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I'm hanging on for 1.3(y)

That's an extra few pints in Beni next week:LOL:

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Anyone know why you can't use you Caxton and auto fuel stops in French supermarkets. Have asked Caxton and they haven't even replied.

Keith :cool:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Anyone know why you can't use you Caxton and auto fuel stops in French supermarkets. Have asked Caxton and they haven't even replied.

Keith :cool:
Because when it did work it raised too many complaints about the automatic pay machine ringfencing your money. Simpler just to use another card.

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Because when it did work it raised too many complaints about the automatic pay machine ringfencing your money. Simpler just to use another card.

Thanks Techno, but the whole idea of the Caxton is no charges from card provider. Fuel is probably the largest expenditure when we are touring. Keith :cool:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
"
  • Your prepaid card will not work at automated petrol stations
    For security reasons your Caxton FX card will not work at automated petrol stations. We recommend that you avoid using them or you use an alternative card to settle the bill.

• Avoid using your prepaid card at Toll booths
    Caxton FX prepaid cards require a merchant to seek authorisation before they provide the goods or services. The majority of European toll roads and bridges do not seek an authorisation and therefore you can't use your Caxton FX prepaid card at most toll booths.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Thanks Techno, but the whole idea of the Caxton is no charges from card provider. Fuel is probably the largest expenditure when we are touring. Keith :cool:
We get a better rate on a Tesco credit card for fuel.
We use our Caxton to draw cash at ATM's and if any left over the booze run at end of trips

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
"
  • Your prepaid card will not work at automated petrol stations
    For security reasons your Caxton FX card will not work at automated petrol stations. We recommend that you avoid using them or you use an alternative card to settle the bill.

• Avoid using your prepaid card at Toll booths
    Caxton FX prepaid cards require a merchant to seek authorisation before they provide the goods or services. The majority of European toll roads and bridges do not seek an authorisation and therefore you can't use your Caxton FX prepaid card at most toll booths.

We get a better rate on a Tesco credit card for fuel.
We use our Caxton to draw cash at ATM's and if any left over the booze run at end of trips
It isn't a big deal with the petrol places , there are loads that are manned , and they work there fine but we have also found the tesco credit card works in them whenever we have tried them, likewise tolls

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back