Caxton changing to Mastercard and to a single card (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I use both a Global Traveller and a Europe Traveller card. The Global loaded with GBP and the Euro with €.
Apparently the new, single card, can carry 15 different currencies.

I've just read the T&Cs but can't work out how the loading will work. I just wonder if they will continue to offer loading, as currently works on the Euro card, where you can buy Euro at the rate for the day irrespective of when you intend withdrawing those funds, or, as with the current Global card, where you load GBP and get the rate for the day at the time you withdraw funds.

Anyone managed to suss the new system?

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
No, same here can't work it out ! am hoping I can keep both cards and thereby minimize the confusion.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I was talking to them recently regarding their new account where you can deposit money and then pays people as necessary. Good for me as I have a house in Spain and need to pay expenses. Previously I could only pay on the day, now I can load money onto that account when I think the exchange rate is good and leave it there until a bill needs paying.

They gave me the impression that their services were being merged and that soon I would be able to move money from that deposit account to my card account.

I think you will find that the usage of the card has not really changed, they are just reducing the number of cards which makes sense.

Mike

OP
OP
GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
No, same here can't work it out ! am hoping I can keep both cards and thereby minimize the confusion.
Apparently not.

Your Visa card(s) will be cancelled and any funds you have on them will be transfered to the new (single) Master Card - unless you tell them you don't want the MC in which case they will move the funds back to the original loading card.

It seems that this switchover is happening for new cardholders and for the existing Visa card holders as and when the cards expire

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
now I am really confused .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements