Caxton Card-caution

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by wiljoy, May 30, 2015.

1. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

We have used a Caxton Visa card loaded with Euros for many years without any problems, until now.
    I purchased an item from a garage in Spain and when checking my Caxton statement online noticed the item had been charges for twice. I contacted Caxton customer service (JOKE ) 9 days ago to voice my concern. I was assured someone would contact me within 48 hours. After sending 11 emails I still haven't received a reply. When I rang them it took 40 minutes on hold to speak to a scripted person who was totally useless to say the least.
    So beware of the very misused words Customer Care. It now should mean Stuff the winging customers. If you are contemplating having a currency card beware when you need help, it may not be there. We are naturally finishing with Caxton as our trust in them has gone as is there care for customers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. EnGog

EnGog Read Only Funster

I had an issue with Caxton, took them a week to get back to me.

3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I've got one but haven't used it yet but I think I will just spend the £10 which is on it and then bin the card if that is how they treat customers.

4. Phill D

Phill D

thanks for the heads up! about to start using ours againg will keep a sharp eye on things.

5. Zoppydog

Zoppydog Funster

We have had great support from Caxton. We used an ATM in Goa which failed to dispense the cash, we tried a second time and still no money! Checked account on line which showed the two translations, Email Caxton when we returned to apartment and had a response within 6 hours, due to time difference. Clarified all the details and advised they would " raise a dispute". Second email to confirm actions and time scales, apparently takes up to 45 days. Both translations refunded on day 42.
    Very happy with support and help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. wanderer

wanderer Funster

Never use my caxton card to make purchases , just draw out cash and pay same as my debit card in the UK . Never trusted the assortment of people behind the counter in most garage forecourts

7. Zains Pops

Zains Pops Funster

I have a Caxton card and had a minor issue that required attention. I telephoned their customer service number and started a blood pressure bursting issue, I must have called them 10 times, completely useless, the staff simply say it's not their department and pass you over to another telephone hold machine....all a pain in the butt. Eventually I got hold of a decent staff member who sorted my problem in 2 minutes.
    Treat them with care.

8. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

I have used Caxton in Europe and the US no problem, but never a need to query a problem so maybe a backup cash card needed.

9. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Agreed. Very poor customer service and long queuing times.

10. SteveB123

SteveB123 Funster

Are there any other similar cards on the market

11. chaser

chaser Funster

We use mytravelcash , never had an issue with it so can't tell how good customer service is, never had a problem anywhere apart from the usual ones that crop up with all of them ,namely self service petrol pumps and motorway tolls, with ours the rate is never the best, but we have no charges anywhere and even get 1% cash back on spending, and at various times they have a sale where you can top up at very good rates, but have found one usually crops up when we have just loaded:doh: but for a look at all of them try this site
    http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaid-cards/euros/:dm:

12. chaser

chaser Funster