CAUTION When using MV Service Points on C C Sites

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Motomuz, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Motomuz

Motomuz Read Only Funster

Hi

We have just had an interesting experience on the Swansea C C Site

Our Iveco S/B has a RV Toilet system as the USRV have

We pulled up to the MV Service point to Dump our Grey and Black lifted the Cover and pulled the velve the wste started flowing and the came up over the whole area !! hmmm nice!!!

It turns out that some of the C C Wardens have put a mesh filter on the Drain end of the MV Service point - dont ask us why they just have

After confronting the Warden he ranted and raved that Toilet waste shouldnt be put down the MV Service point to our surprise!!!

After getting onto HQ they informed the Warden to remove the Mesh ASAP but he informed us he has been a warden for 20 years and he always uses a Filter - What a plonnker!!!

Just air on the side of caution although it wasnt our fault we had to clean it up

Motomuz

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

An unpleasant incident in more ways than one ..

However, the drive over dump points were designed for grey waste and the warden probably fitted the mesh to prevent solid matter from blocking the drain..

It may also be the case that the grey drain goes to a surface water drain and not suitable for sewage .. so he may , I say may, have been correct to say that the black should have been dumped in the chemical disposal point..

In future I think it's worth checking with a warden before dumping black into the surface drain

Whatever the case, he had no right to go into a rant..

jim

3. peter marshall

peter marshall

HI
    Hope you made a good JOB of it. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. Fatalhud

Fatalhud Read Only Funster

Because My van has a cassette system I have always used the chemical disposal point, but I must admit I have always wandered whether you can empty loo waste down the MH point drain

Alan H

5. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

The club sites I have been on have always said no problem use the mv drains for black as well as grey waste

6. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

I would have refused to clean it up. Its not your fault they block up the inlet is it??

You should have just driven away and left them to it. :thumb:

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

my thoughts exactly. :thumb:

8. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Sounds to me like a typical Club problem - every warden makes up his / her own rules and what to do - what to accept etc on the basis of I'm in charge and I don't care what anyone else says - Surely there should be a sign saying Grey waste only or NO black etc. Surely the club must work to a set of rules general to all sites and then specific variations according to each site - laid down in writing so any warden assistant warden etc has the info to work from.

We seldom use Club sites despite being a member of both we like the relaxed atmosphere of the CL and CS sites but when we have used club sites we have always dumped on the MH point before leaving.

Personally if some jumped up Warden started to rant at me apart from the sharp edge of my tongue he would have had the job of cleaning up - show common sense and I would clean it - rant and he has the job all to himself.

9. pappajohn

i can see the logic in that Jim BUT if the mesh is to stop solid matter then it will block up eventually regardless of whether its sh*t or lumps of food waste/solidified fat etc going down the dump point.

and agreed.....the warden should have been a little more understanding 'cos as far as the CC HQ were concerned he was in the wrong and was told to remove the mesh.

still, give some folks a nametag and they think they are god. :Angry:

10. scotjimland

I'm not a fan of the CC but the motorhome dump points were designed for European vans to dump grey tanks, not USRV's to dump black ..

If a mess is made dumping black then I would say it's your responsibility to clean up .. you can't expect someone else to clean up after you..

USRVs are being banned from many sites, lets not give them another reason for doing so ..

jim

11. scotjimland

That's true John, but cleaning out some food waste isn't nearly as bad a cleaning shit out ..
    I've seen drive over dumps on aires blocked solid with crap .. and it wasn't the Euro vans that were responsible. As I said in the last post.. lets not give them more reason to ban RVs .

jim

12. pappajohn

i agree Jim but im sure some site wardens would also frown on dragging your dump hose and shoving it down the elsan point as well.

as the driveover dump points are a relatively new thing i cant see why they couldnt run them into the sewer rather than rainwater drains.

13. nemu

nemu Read Only Funster

A european style drive over waste point is for black & grey water

European vans often have marine toilets with holding tanks not cassettes

thats why the clubs are having to fit these motorhome servicing points

this warden was out of place!!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  14. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

Itis illegal for a site to allow grey waste to contaminate any watercourse. All surface water drains discharge to watercourses and are not treated. Waste should be dumped to the foul water system so why would they have a mesh????

15. des

des Read Only Funster

i had the same nasty experience in holland earlier this year. i now ALWAYS check with wardens before emptying the black tank.

des

16. olley

olley Funster

Hi I always assumed they were for both black and grey, never been told not to dump in them, and I remember at Sheep Cote CC being told to. I Guess the question needs to be put to the CC for clarification.

Olley

17. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Hi Jim - possibly a little off topic here but does this again go back to what I said about wardens making up their own rules. Many sites have facilities for large vehicles but it is down the Warden - we are 27ft unhitched and there are many sites that refuse because we are a fifth wheel unit saying we are too big yet when the sizes are quoted back at them or I refer to the size of a Bailey Carolina I have been told 'its down to me and I dont want them on MY site' - I can understand 'sorry we are full' - ' sorry all the larger pitches are allocated' etc but surely policy should be made at head office - and Wardens be bound by that set of rules - lets face it large RVs are not new and every year more and more enter the UK. The CC are a business offering a product to the caravaning fraterity. If they have a problem with the size then maybe they should consider charging by the foot on a scale not alienate a potential new and growing market by arrogance and exclusion

18. scotjimland

Hi

I totally agree, and it's the reason I never renewed my CC membership .. but to be frank, do you think the CC are the least bothered about a few hundred RV owners whom they may alienate .. ?

The CC are not the only organisation who are anti RV, many private sites are also banning or discouraging them.. citing damaged roads, grass verges and ehu bollards and complaints from others about shading them from the sun.... but don't take my word for it .. Eddie, proprietor of Cornish Farms site has this to say:

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/10911-why-motorhomes-so-persecuted.html

19. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Hi Jim

dont know why the guy on Cornish farms should think an rv produces any more waste. If the wife and I were in a 20 fter or a 35 fter we would still eat and wash and produce the same amount of waste, we just need to dump once a week as opposed to every day with a cassette. Its the kind of business attitude that deserves to be broadcast, then perhaps his opinion might change :Angry:

20. GregM

GregM Read Only Funster

Larrynwin

I don't agree with the site owners attitude but haven't you just confirmed his point, you can go a week without emptying your waste, you may stay on his site for a couple of nights and empty a full weeks worth of waste into his tank.