Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
I followed 2 vans out of Lincoln today both with the above sign on the back what is it for why do i need to know (n)
Neil

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
"Show dogs on board" is my pet hate :mad:

Just as I was thinking of driving straight into the back of that E Regd Cortina Estate just for the hell of it, quite deliberately, I see the Show Dogs on board sign and realise I can't, I just can't:eek:

Mind you "Baby on board" isn't much better (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Caution left hand drive on mine is to cover a hole left by the removal of an incorrectly fitted fog light for UK.
So my sign is on the left.
I may change it for Caution nut behind the wheel
Or perhaps

If this vehicle is being driven badly

Call 0800768123 - The Samaritans
Or get a life and Chill
Your not as Good as you think you are

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Just as I was thinking of driving straight into the back of that E Regd Cortina Estate just for the hell of it, quite deliberately, I see the Show Dogs on board sign and realise I can't, I just can't:eek:

Or worse still LITTLE PRINCESS ON BOARD,,,BUSBY:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
[QUOTE="eddievanbitz,
Mind you "Baby on board" isn't much better (y)[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's illegal or advisory not to show one if there isn't a baby on board!!
I was informed in the event of an accident confusion arises as the rescue services start looking for a baby.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have a LHD sign on mine. I got tired of pulling up square at T junctions before turning left, only to have some ar** hole try to squeeze past me on the left. Also warns following drivers that I may not see them if they get in my offside blind-spot, of course.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
[QUOTE="eddievanbitz,

Not sure if it's illegal or advisory not to show one if there isn't a baby on board!!
I was informed in the event of an accident confusion arises as the rescue services start looking for a baby.[/QUOTE]

Trouble is they leave the sign in the window when there is no baby on board and then when an accident occurs the emergency services are looking in vain,,,BUSBY..

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
What about Grandma s TAXI !!!! BUSBY:)
:)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have one because it came on the van, hopefully there isn't a hole behind it:LOL: and it's balanced with "if you can't see my mirrors I can't see you" on the other side.

Martin

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
I have a LHD sign on mine. I got tired of pulling up square at T junctions before turning left, only to have some ar** hole try to squeeze past me on the left. Also warns following drivers that I may not see them if they get in my offside blind-spot, of course.
My logic too, but it doesn't seem to stop them.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We have one because it came on the van, hopefully there isn't a hole behind it:LOL: and it's balanced with "if you can't see my mirrors I can't see you" on the other side.

Martin
Which is complete rubbish. Of course I can see vehicles behind even if I can't see the driver. There is a lot of vehicle to the left of the driver that I can see.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My rear view camera is to see the wise guy motorcycle policeman hiding there to catch me at 51 mph. Mind you on the trip to Lincoln, on to Yorkshire and then back to Dover I saw ONE police vehicle, ONE. does that say what the road behavior might become when everybody realises.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Maybe a better idea to have a 'Caution left hand drive' sticker plastered across the front. I've lost count of the number of times I have seen the look of horror on the face of an on-coming driver, clearly believing that our van was being driven, hands-free, by some stupid woman, who wasn't even paying full attention to the road!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
My rear view camera is to see the wise guy motorcycle policeman hiding there to catch me at 51 mph. Mind you on the trip to Lincoln, on to Yorkshire and then back to Dover I saw ONE police vehicle, ONE. does that say what the road behavior might become when everybody realises.

You would be safe here in Derbyshire,,they seldom come out,,BUSBY,,:):)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Which is complete rubbish. Of course I can see vehicles behind even if I can't see the driver. There is a lot of vehicle to the left of the driver that I can see.

Well it says "you" not "your vehicle" so the statement is actually correct, but if it makes think it's doing its job, and I didn't put it on anyway.

Martin

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)

Baby on board & still drive like maniacs to & from school ! :eek:

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
See the sense in your argument here but it only has one serious flaw that I can see....It assumes (and we all know what that means) that all other drivers on the road are as thoughtful and knowledgeable as you!

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
See the sense in your argument here but it only has one serious flaw that I can see....It assumes (and we all know what that means) that all other drivers on the road are as thoughtful and knowledgeable as you!
I can only warn, I cannot dictate

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Maybe a better idea to have a 'Caution left hand drive' sticker plastered across the front. I've lost count of the number of times I have seen the look of horror on the face of an on-coming driver, clearly believing that our van was being driven, hands-free, by some stupid woman, who wasn't even paying full attention to the road!
If she looks at the map and uses the phone, it gets the police jumping up and down, notebooks out and dribbling with anticipation.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years

baby-on-board.jpg

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008

Bambino Abordo

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Baby on board & still drive like maniacs to & from school ! :eek:
I always think that "Baby on board" stickers should be placed on the dashboard of the vehicle concerned. That way the driver gets the accassional reminder (when they are not attended to the mobile phone or other device) of their very important responsibilities to others.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back