Caution - items may have shifted during flight (1 Viewer)

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Damn, damn! Arrived on site and opened an overhead locker, forgetting the words of cabin crew during the landing routine. A neat little transistor radio had indeed shifted during the journey and struck the table, leaving a not so neat smiley face in the laminate top.

Who do I blame? Me, only me, that is what makes it worse.

Steve

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Damn, damn! Arrived on site and opened an overhead locker, forgetting the words of cabin crew during the landing routine. A neat little transistor radio had indeed shifted during the journey and struck the table, leaving a not so neat smiley face in the laminate top.

Steve
Hi Steve
I know what you meen. I have done the same only mine was the remote control for the sky box, My Mr's still won't let me forget it . Pete:Sad::Sad:

Ps what I do now during travel is have a couple of cousions on the table.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Its also happened to me, I have a neat impression of the prongs of a 3 pin electric plug to prove it.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

Steve

Hell I am so clumsy, I am always doing stupid things that are my fault only, cant even blame my Bruno anymore:RollEyes:

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Why is it (its already bad enough that its happen what ever:cry:) that her indoors NEVER lets you forget it, :shout:and points it out at every opportunity !!!!

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013

Steve

Know what you mean, had 2 tins fall out of overhead locker leaving 2 nice holes in laminate top :Doh: tins now moved so if it happens again wont damage anything, I hope.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Do it all the time and always the same cupboard. The dogs are getting a bit fed up with paperback books landing on their heads :Eeek:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Forgot to lock the fridge once and dogs were hit by flying boxes of frozen bolognese.
They were less than pleased ... mind you I was taking a corner rather sharply at the time. :Blush:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Forgot to lock the fridge once and dogs were hit by flying boxes of frozen bolognese.
They were less than pleased ... mind you I was taking a corner rather sharply at the time. :Blush:

My fridge locking mechanism whatsit thingumyjig has broken so I have to block it with my sewing machine unless I want spuds and milk all over the floor :ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

We forget to lock the fridge ALL the time.

First corner it all kicks off and we have bottles rolling around until we can pull over.:Angry:

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
After I did this with a tin of beans the boss now removes the shelves and stands them in the cupboard across the front so if anything falls over it stays in the cupboard.

Rob
:thumb:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
my wife deliberately does not put the click down on the fridge, coz she might be going back in again.

for the last 7 years we have had stuff fly out over the floor. i keep my gob shut, there is no way I'm am going to mention it again.

For the first 3 or 4 years I tried to persuade her to put the click down. It did no good. All that happens is that she sulks at me all day if I make the slightest comment.

Sometimes she will put the whistler down on the kettle so it does not boil all the water away before we realise it is hot; but not often.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Having seen the damage to our MH table tops from the previous owner's overhead locker opening experiences, everything is now stored in plastic baskets of varying sizes, from a cheapy 50p or £1 shop.
That way nothing falls out, and when you want to retrieve something from the locker, you just lift that particular basket out. :thumb: There are even baskets in the little envelope lockers.

Our new table tops haven't suffered from similar damage as a result.

Cheers,

Jock.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We have had things escape from the fridge , but so far have undamaged work tops in the motorhome . We did have a few accidents with previous caravans though.

We do have a large chip in the very expensive and huge bath Ralph fitted :RollEyes:
The solid and very heavy shower head clip accidentally slipped out of Ralphs hand when he was fitting it to the wall .
It chipped a big piece off near the plug hole which is in the middle with the taps .
He was nearly sick , Im just glad it wasn't me that did it.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Like Jock we keep many small items in plastic boxes/baskets. Where they are on top of each other we use a piece of non-slip matting between them. In the one locker where that is not totally practical we have a couple of the extendible rods to keep things in place.

One cupboard we did have problems with is at the rear of the van where the door sometimes came open under braking. A turn button fitted at the top of the door stopped that.

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
In our van the previous owner fitted net curtain wire across each cupboard inside held on by the little hooks and eyes works great :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back