Free Member
May 27, 2010
North wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2010
Does anyone here take their cat away in their motorhome, we'd love to bum off for 6 months let the house, but my ol' cat is 14, mmmmmmm not sure how she would cope.

Gail

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Give it a trial run for a few days not too far from home?

We took our cat away for a week last autumn. She's a fragile 13 year old and doesn't go out much at home except to walk out one door, round the house and back in another door.

Put her in the cat basket whilst on the move, let her out as soon as we stopped and with her cat tray in the shower she managed fine. Found it a bit of a nuisance standing in her tray to wash in the morning though! :winky:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
There are quite a few funsters that take their cats with them so I am sure you will get some tips xxxxxx

If your cat is a "stay at home type" why not try it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
We've come across a sole lady at shows who takes her 9 cats with her!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We travelled with a cat for 6 months after 24 hours indoors she knew where her home was. She had the free run of the outside and never needed a litter tray indoors.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
A few weeks ago we were pitched alongside a couple who had their dog and cat with them.
Wyn

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We take our 2 15year old cats away with us whenever we travel here but not abroad. They have never been any problem, in fact they behave very differently when we are away, they are even lazier than normal. When they travel we put them in a basket, and as soon as we stop they cry to go out. We usualy keep them in for awhile whilst they look out to assess their surroundings,and then they do their own thing, and never seem to wander far.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Have had several on our site, last one was a kitten called Barry no trouble with him and another older one I remember went for a walk then just slept in the sunshine by the van.
Why not give it a try and good luck

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
The only problem we had when our cat travelled with us was he tended to do a poo in his tray in the early hours of the morning, :Eeek: that woke us up rapidly and we would be throwing the windows open wide. Bambi 2

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
We have been taking our cat with us for the last 6 years, He was an 11 year old stray and had never been in a vehicle in his life. The first time we took him in his basket he howled the whole way to Portugal, he is now allowed free and he either sits on one of the lounge seats or settles on the bed whilst on the move.
We also have a lead and he walks quite happily on that, also we use a piece of garden expanding frame (the stuff you nail on the wall) across the door, this stops him wandering out and allows the door to open.
Just go for it and enjoy his company :thumb:

OP
OP
G

gail

Free Member
May 27, 2010
North wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2010
heartened

Im so heartened at what I've read here, next weekend were going to try her out see how she gets on. will let everyone know how we get on.

Thanks for all your replies what a community. Love it.
Gail

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I just wish a couple of owners round where I live would take their moggies away with them and forget to fetch them back, bliss.. no more crapping in my flower borders and no more of my bins being ripped open on collection day morning:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back