CATastrophee HELP HELP (1 Viewer)

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
wrote an articlwhich was published MMM earlier this year which described how we had had the CAT stolen from our Elddis out side our house, due to the fact that we had just done Christmas and had a few other issues we had to use our insurance (£1000). Fast forward 10 months and we decide to upgrade the van , no issues with the insurance company (Groupama via the CC&CC a very small increas, howerver, the problems start when I ask for a quote for next year.. My god we have gone from £300 to £1200! which I prompy declined. After spendinging hours trying to find insurance (no claims with the baby but 2 x cars at 9 years + each) I finally went through Insurance choice which gave I suspected a good deal, I paid a reasonable amount of money up front and subsequently recieved my documents - not happy but satisfied that I had paid a reasonable amount for insurance given some ****** had stolem my CAT. Fast forward 2 months I have recieved a letter today canceling my insurance because they say I gave the wrong date of incident to the broker which I know is incorrect please help not sure where to go and suspect the company will say it is my word against them, I have my own ideas of what has happened and amquite happy to fight my case through court as I suspect a scam!! Apreciate any advise from my fun friends.

OP
OP
Rugeley Tim
Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Have done that , however, the letter I recieved from the insurance company states that they have contacted the Insurance company for further info and recieved nothing back therefore thety have cancelled the policy!! worrying,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
You need legal advice, go first to CAB, run it past them, then I suspect to a solicitor.

OP
OP
Rugeley Tim
Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
The problem is that the isurance company went to CAB and found a discrepancy between when the theft happened and what I supposedly declared, however, I know what I declared which was the truth!!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
If the Broker completed the details over the phone, which it sounds like, then you are at liberty to request a copy of what they recorded and gave to the insurer, since it is the basis of your contract with the insurer - and the broker is obliged to send it to you within (I think? not certain) 14 days.

But the insurer should also send you this, and you should have had a synopsis of that info with your docs from the insurer - so there's summat awry here if you haven't. Should say summat like 'We have used this info as a basis for this contract' or summat like that. It is up to you the policyholder to check those details and get back to either broker or insurer if they are wrong.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Insurance companies 'share' both proposal and claims data..

http://www.insurancedatabases.co.uk/default.aspx

WHAT IS CUE?

The Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE) is a central database of motor, home and personal injury/industrial illness incidents reported to insurance companies, which may or may not give rise to a claim. CUE is managed by not-for-profit company Insurance Database Services Limited (IDSL) on behalf of its member organisations. These include all major insurers and many self insured organisations such as local authorities, passenger carriers and transport companies.

CUE was established in 1994 to help keep down premiums for honest policyholders by preventing multiple claims fraud and the misrepresentation of claims histories. There are currently over 32 million claims records available to subscribers.

Individuals wishing to review information which may be held about them on the database should view the Data Protection information below.
CUE SUBSCRIBERS

There are currently 100 subscribers to CUE, including 60 insurers, 31 other authorised members and 9 Associate members. Please find more details in the links section.

If you are an authorised insurer, self insured or compensator and interested in becoming a subscriber to CUE, please complete our Prospective Members enquiry form.

DATA PROTECTION

What is the Data Protection Act?
The Data Protection Act places obligations on insurers and other compensators who hold personal details about individuals. On 1 March 2000, the Data Protection Act 1998 came into force. This sets rules for processing personal information and gives individuals the right to have access to information about themselves held on computers and to some paper records as well. It also gives individuals the right to compensation for inaccuracy or loss of data or the right to the correction or removal of inaccurate data.

The Act regulates personal information held on computers. Insurance Database Services Limited's entry in the Data Protection Register, which may be inspected at the Data Protection Commissioner's Office in Wilmslow, states that the purpose for which the data are to be held or used is for "maintaining a register of personal insurance claims for underwriting purposes and to detect cases of suspected fraud". The sources of the data are insurance companies.

More information about Data Protection can be found on the Information Commissioner's website www.ico.gov.uk.

Access to Personal InformationIf you wish to find out what information is held about you on the CUE database, please print and complete the Subject Access Request Form. This can be sent with the administration fee of £10 to the address below. Cheques or postal orders should be made payable to IDSL. Please note that cash is not acceptable.

If you are unable to access the attached form we are happy to accept written requests as long as they are accompanied by the administration fee and suitable identification. Acceptable forms of identification are:
· Utility Bill
· Local Authority tax bill
· TV License
· Correspondence from HMRC
· Land registry confirmation
· Vehicle registration document
· Student loan statement

As part of your written request please include your date of birth and address information for the past 6 years as well as any former names i.e. maiden name you have been known by in this time.

Requests for personal information held on CUE should be addressed to:
IS & Compliance Officer
Insurance Database Services Limited (IDSL)
Risk & Compliance
Linford Wood House
6 - 12 Capital Drive
Milton Keynes
MK14 6XT

The information contained in the database will comprise that supplied by the policyholder or claimant on their application or claim form, together with other information relating to the incident or claim. It does not hold sensitive information or details relating to the amount of premium paid.

Anyone who thinks that they have registered incidents with only one company can contact that company for their claims information without going through IDSL.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Flippin eck, Tim.. what a lousy thing to happen. I hope that the above answers give you an open door to continuing your fight.

Just to avoid it happening again, I would write down NOW all the details of your claim, what happened etc and copies of invoices paid out or receipts from ins. company just so next time you insure you can hand this into the insurance company and keep a record of the information they have. I have fast lost all faith in insurance with my own non-fault accident this year, which I decided to pay for myself because of the hassle. :Sad:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
the only other thing I can add to this awful mess, is that moving forward, any future phone calls with ANY manuf, supplier, insurance co etc is always always make a note of name of the person/s spoken too including their title along with time and date. The more specific you can be with any matters of claims etc the better your chance of it holding up.

Good luck my friend.

Andrea

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
is the differance between the Date of the incident (of which no doubt the police will have a recorded log number) and the date you reported the incident to the insurance company. Try contacting the insurance company with whatever proof you have of both dates. It looks to me like the broker logged the report date as the incident date so their fault and easily sorted.
Good luck. Computers take it from there so blame a computer.:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back