Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
If you have an alarm system, wind some copper covered steel cable around the CAT and connect an alarm circuit to each end of it. The steel cable will cope with the heat. If it's cut, or the alarm cable is, you should get a warning.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I bought and fitted an Armacat to mine. If you have a cat on your van and somebody wants it, they will most likely get it. The trick is to make it as hard as possible. To get mine off, you are going to need bolt croppers and an angle grinder / large pipe cutter / hacksaw or other means to cut through two sections of pipe. I have security bolts either side of the cat that came with the Armacat so it can't be unbolted.
Bolt croppers are heavy to carry round and awkward to use under a vehicle.
Hopefully, they will look at mine then go to my neighbour who has a 4x4 with 2 pretty new unsecured cats!

Allan

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
when we had the highly modified car with straight threw stainless exhaust with no cat , i used to take the cat in the boot to my friendly mot station when due ,he'd have a quick look to make sure i had the cat ,do the mot and get a pass if all was well with the rest of the car::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I still think summary execution of metal thieves is the answer, especially the ones who do war memorials and churches.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back