Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
No, not the feline version of the dog guard, but catalytic converter clamps.
When I bought my MH I ordered a cat guard to be here for when the van arrived. Unfortunately, the one they sent was too big and I had to reorder.
I spent a sleepless night with the van on the drive with an unprotected cat. :Eeek:
Why?
A couple of nights before, a local Vauxhall dealer had 10 brand new cats stolen from their forecourt, and this wasn't the first time, cat thefts seemed to be on the increase around here for some reason.
And, when I got the van, I realised just how easy they are to get to, and remove, virtually noiselessly.

So, is it just me being paranoid?

I also ordered locking wheel nuts for my alloys…….

Allan

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yes it's a problem alright. There's been quite a few stolen from this area in the last few months and some are taken from vehicles parked in the street. I thought about the Cat guard but dismissed it on the basis that it does not prevent access to the cat and associated pipework. So after a little thought I built a mini wall in my driveway, so now when my motorhome is parked you cant actually get near the exhaust pipe unless your willing to dismantle some brick work. An alternative is to hammer a lot of small spikes into the ground which makes it very difficult to access the cat, especially in the dark. Just make sure the height is right which is easy to judge using plastic blocks etc and string.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Can a tarrrmak ya drive sur

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
There isnt one fitted on my van. BUSBY::bigsmile:NOT THAT I KNOW OF.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The one I have ( Armacat) clamps around the cat with bolts you can't undo. There is a massive steel cable bolted to the clamp that goes around the front subframe. They could cut the cat off but can't cut the cable easily, so wouldn't be able to remove the cat.
Anything that makes it difficult.
It's not so much losing the cat, but if they took mine there are pipes and sensors going to the cat and replacing all that is going to take more hassle than keeping it secure.
Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back