Cat 1 alarm certificate

Discussion in 'Motorhome Security' started by Emmenay, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Emmenay

Emmenay Read Only Funster

Hi all, I have re insured the MH today and one of the questions was 'is the alarm a cat 1'? Yes, I reply, its a cat 2-1 which is the cat 2 upgraded to cat 1.
    Next question, 'do you have the certificate'? No I reply, it was on the van when I got it, but I know all about the system and what it is as I have had some extras installed.
    Next question, 'can you get a certificate'? 'I don't know' I reply, 'do i need one, I don't know who fitted it'
    Answer, 'Yes if you want some discount'...
    So, my question, obviousely, is how can i get one, anyone else had this issue? :thumb:

2. MikeD

MikeD Funster

My understanding is if you speak with the maker and it is registered they will supply a copy.

But they charge for it :Eeek::Eeek:

3. SIFTA SAM

SIFTA SAM Read Only Funster

You may have to weigh-up the cost difference between the potentially earned discounts and the one off systems re-validation cost by the alarm agent.

4. Emmenay

I also have to weigh up that if the insurance company don't get validation they may not honour a claim for belongings etc. The small print is a minefield :Eeek:

5. Emmenay

My system is a sigma (not the best but I have now tailored it to suit my needs) but I think they are now under scorpian's wing, should be worth a punt. :thumb:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lugnutt

lugnutt Funster Life Member

i have the same prob so i told them i have fitted reverse bleepers and rear cams had money of for both items ....swings an roundabouts:thumb:

• Like Like x 1