Cassoa storage site resigning (1 Viewer)

Printermick

Free Member
Dec 13, 2013
peterborough
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
just started
I have heard this morning from the site where I store that he is resigning from Cassoa. He and some other owners believe that the organisation is no longer fit for purpose. He suggests that I inform my insurers of this as I get a discount for a Cassoa gold rating.

Ha anyone else heard of this?

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
We to keep our motorhome on a cassoa gold rated site. Will have to check re your post. But heard nothing so far. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Have to say, that all sounds a bit fishy.. why would he resign from CASSOA when it will inevitably make his business less attractive to potential customers ?

Is it maybe the case that he has had a site inspection from CASSOA and failed and they have either told him to beef up security or be de registered ?
.. Either that or some other reason he is not disclosing..

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Have to say, that all sounds a bit fishy.. why would he resign from CASSOA when it will inevitably make his business less attractive to potential customers ?
Because they charge a small fortune to register you??? Maybe more then he's getting from 'potential customers'??

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Because they charge a small fortune to register you??? Maybe more then he's getting from 'potential customers'??
no idea... as I said.. "or some other reason he is not disclosing.."

not the reason in the OP

He and some other owners believe that the organisation is no longer fit for purpose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
I spoke to CASSO some time ago re their standards for accreditation , they advised me that they were in the process of checking all their sites to ensure that they confirm to their requirements. This was after MBM at Rochester had suffered two break ins . Naturally I was somewhat concerned re the very casual attitude of the management at MBM. Perhaps this has some bearing on the above post.
Pleased to say that I will shortly be moving to a site with 24/7 on site security and access.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back