Cassoa Gold Site with gate left open! (1 Viewer)

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I am moving my van from the present Cassoa So called Gold site as security is shite! In fact moved it today!

The inner gate has been out of action for over a week, today it was totally missing, been taken down for repair or something, nobody about to ask!

Outer gate is often left open when office manned, but i have been there when man manning office is elsewhere!

Anyway, site insist i pay for the remaining six months of contract but surely they are not sticking to contract either? I have emailed Cassoa to ask their opinion, but i feel sure that my solicitor would be able to convince owner of site that he is in the wrong and should allow me to sever contract without further payment. Is it worth expense and hassle, should i just pay up?

What would you do?

The site stores hundreds of vans, i am sure most people using it are unaware, as are the insurance companies giving discounts for what is less than safe site.

Jan 11, 2014
Medway, Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
The phrase "fit for purpose" springs to mind. As part of their side of the contract they have offered secure storage which they are clearly not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
celticmini

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I have removed my van and paid up to the end of last month and informed them. I await a response, but i did say in my "resignation letter" that i didn't expect to go hear any more from them.

If they pursue me for the remainder of the contract i will take it up with CASSOA and widely publisice the name of the site on this and other forums.

I have photos of the open gates and will fight them if i need to.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Perhaps you should let cassoa know anyway. These vans are people's pride and joy and pay a premium for gold storage.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
My site is very strict, sign says no letting others through and you must pass through then wait for gate to close before moving off. Failure to do so means you will be told to leave the site. Frustating if busy watching the gate slowly open and close but it's for my benefit overall.
Owner lives on approach to outer gate. Site only open 8am to 8pm but owner will open if you make an appointment.
I'm sure insurance company would be interested in your situation, by telling them they may then want you to seek another site but your going anyway, however, they are likely to have other vehicles at risk?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back