cascade hwater heater leak help (1 Viewer)

iawnski

Free Member
Dec 11, 2013
denbigh
Funster No
MH
peugot boxer windfrall
Exp
hi i have a cascade carver 2 ,i have a leak from it and have taken it out ,put water in it and no leak ,was thinking if i could pressure it would it be ok or would it harm it, any help here be brill thanks:winky:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
if the leak is inside the van the only places it can leak are either the inlet / outlet points or where the tank fits to the cast aluminium body of the heater that houses the burner etc, the tank mounts onto the casing using an O ring as a seal , it is held in place by a long threaded rod through the middle of the tank if it has met Jack Frost at some point with water in the tank it is common for this rod to stretch so the tank loses it's seal, if it is only slightly loose it may only leak when under pressure or hot, if leaking outside could be the O ring on the drain plug bottom left, or the pressure relief valve normally top right if it has one, not sure if any models had a pressure relief valve on the inside if yes it would probably be on the hot water outlet.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The Carver Cascade water heater was designed to be pressurised and does include a pressure relief vavle on the outside face so no you shouldn't cause any damage to it by pressurising it within reasonable limits.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back