cascade hwater heater leak help

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by iawnski, Dec 17, 2013.

1. iawnski

iawnski Read Only Funster

hi i have a cascade carver 2 ,i have a leak from it and have taken it out ,put water in it and no leak ,was thinking if i could pressure it would it be ok or would it harm it, any help here be brill thanks:Wink:

2. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

if the leak is inside the van the only places it can leak are either the inlet / outlet points or where the tank fits to the cast aluminium body of the heater that houses the burner etc, the tank mounts onto the casing using an O ring as a seal , it is held in place by a long threaded rod through the middle of the tank if it has met Jack Frost at some point with water in the tank it is common for this rod to stretch so the tank loses it's seal, if it is only slightly loose it may only leak when under pressure or hot, if leaking outside could be the O ring on the drain plug bottom left, or the pressure relief valve normally top right if it has one, not sure if any models had a pressure relief valve on the inside if yes it would probably be on the hot water outlet.

3. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

The Carver Cascade water heater was designed to be pressurised and does include a pressure relief vavle on the outside face so no you shouldn't cause any damage to it by pressurising it within reasonable limits.

D.